Aspire BDC clearomizer & iTaste v3.0 vv problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Knight

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Niagara region
Hi - couldn't find anything in a search about this...so starting a thread.

Just picked up two Aspire BDC clearomizers and neither seems to work with my innokin iTaste v3.0 vv unit. The resistance on the digital display comes up 'NON' - so I'm assuming the tank isn't connecting with the battery properly?

The iClear16 clearomizers that came with the iTaste V3.0 all work just fine - no problems.

Anyone else having similiar issues?

Is it a compatibility problem? Am I missing something?

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
Hi - couldn't find anything in a search about this...so starting a thread.

Just picked up two Aspire BDC clearomizers and neither seems to work with my Innokin iTaste v3.0 vv unit. The resistance on the digital display comes up 'NON' - so I'm assuming the tank isn't connecting with the battery properly?

The iClear16 clearomizers that came with the iTaste V3.0 all work just fine - no problems.

Anyone else having similiar issues?

Is it a compatibility problem? Am I missing something?
Here's a quick fix to that problem of those BDC's not making contact...
also works for viva nova's...
See: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...thread-contact-clearomizer-mod-batteries.html

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
It does seem to be a fairly common problem. You may be able to make them work by gently prying the contact pin up on the Aspire, or if that doesn't work, on the. Itaste itself.

Someone will come on here soon and tell you that it only happens when you overtighten the connection. In my experience this is not true. As dearly as I love my vvs I think that this is actually a quality control issue for innokin. I have two and the connection problem happens frequently on one and never on the other one.

I have learned to live with prying the contacts up on occasion, and will be ordering a third itaste vv as soon as I can afford it. Curious to find out if this happens on the new one.

Silent Knight

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Niagara region

Silent Knight

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Niagara region
Or you can buy a 510 to 510 extender or 510 to ego adapter. These seem to have longer connections than some clearomizers and are handy to have around in any case. Link: Adapters - MyFreedomSmokes.com They seem to be sold out of the 510 to ego but at least the picture is there.

Failing the thread fix mentioned above, I'll see if our local vape shop has the adapter. I took the iTaste with me when I bought the Aspire tanks, so the salesguy knew what I was working with. I wish he'd been a bit more knowledgeable at the time - granted, it's pretty difficult to stay on top of all the makes/models/manufacturers and the compatibility issues.

It does seem to be a fairly common problem. You may be able to make them work by gently prying the contact pin up on the Aspire, or if that doesn't work, on the. Itaste itself.

Someone will come on here soon and tell you that it only happens when you overtighten the connection. In my experience this is not true. As dearly as I love my vvs I think that this is actually a quality control issue for innokin. I have two and the connection problem happens frequently on one and never on the other one.

I was very careful not to overtighten the connection - just a comfortable finger-tight. I love the Innokin as well - it's been a great performer with the iClear tanks.

Thanks everyone so far for the useful feedback. :)

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
Thanks OldSeer - I'll raid the wife's sewing kit and give that a whirl...see how it goes. At this point I have half a mind to just return the Aspires and call it a day - but the thread fix sounds relatively easy.

Well... me hopes you try that little sewing thread trick first... then share the information
if and when others need that same type of help... you might be surprised to find out that
we have right here in the USA about 4 million Vapers... and many need this info for their
BDC's and Vivi Nova's... as they are confused about why they'll work on some Mods or
batteries and not others... It all comes down to MANUFACTURES coming up with
the same exact specs... so suppliers can do the same thing...
...but... as it is... there has to be millions of clearomizers out there that will work with
some equipment... that is MAKE CONTACT... and not other equipment...

I just viewed ...yesterday... RIP Tripper on YouTube... cussing BDC (ASPIRE) gulp!
For making equipment ATTYs that didn't make contact 6 out of 10 times for him...
and that was with each and every individual mod he used... some they would
and some they wouldn't... and it really wasn't ASPIRE'S fault...
Manufactures just don't all conform to the same STANDARDS... some by a million of an inth...
but that's all it takes...

But, if RIP TRIPPER... would use the same SEWING THREAD tip... that I've shared with you
then EVERY SINGLE ONE of his Aspire BDC's would be working... ooooh such is life...
What's an old man like me going to do... try to tell RIP how to handle ATTYS...???
I do admire the works and information he shares... he is grrreat!

Last edited:

TCO76

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
KS
The tanks are fine, it's the coil that they provide for them that is garbage. If I bought a pair of nikes and the soles fell off right out of the box, I wouldn't glue them on and go buy another pair. The tanks just aren't that "worth it" to me. Worst vaping purchase I made EVER. But lol to all who want to fuss with a mediocre product that bad.....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

hmmm thats really weird cause i i have the innokin v3 and all i use is aspire bdc's and i've never had any sort of problem IMO the aspire bdc's are the best i've ever used BY FAR.

EDIT i have 1 of the plastic aspire bdc's and 3 of the aspire et-s glassomizers. Did you like the iclear 16's? I cant stand them they leak all the time for me and go through juice about 5 times faster then my aspires

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread