Aspire Gotek S and Gotek X Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Aspire-Go-Tek-S-and-Gotek-X-1.gif

Hello, today let's take a look at Aspire GoTek S and GoTek X. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish both Kits. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand these devices, and therefore decide whether to invest in them or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Before starting let's take a look at the features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 1. Futuristic and elegant appearance.
    • 2. Easy operation, more friendly for newbies.
    • 3. The best alternative to disposable vaporizers.
    • 4. Multiple color options.
    • 5. Optional pod, large pod capacity. The Pod is compatible with all Gotek series devices.
    • 6. 3.6V constant output.
    • 8. Small in size, fits perfectly in your palm or pocket.
    • 9. Adjustable bottom airflow.
    • 10. Easy side filling

Aspire's new entry level Pod series is light and compact, and features two different versions of the same product. The "S" is slightly smaller with a Pop style design, and the "X" has a sportier look with a strap to connect a lanyard which can come in handy when you decide to put your tracksuit on for training. Both offer a large liquid capacity (4.5ml) which is impressive in relation to their size. Gotek S and Gotek X use the same cartridges and have almost the same specifications but adopt slightly different designs, so I decided to present them together in the same review so that you can compare them.

Aspire-Go-Tek-S-and-Gotek-X-2.jpg

Aspire-Go-Tek-S-and-Gotek-X-3.jpg

► Packaging:
    The packaging of both devices and also that of the spare pods are simple, however they have rather nice graphics on a white background where all the necessary information is reported. When you will buy Gotek S or Gotek X, the cartridges are not included in either the S or the X but are sold separately.

Aspire-Go-Tek-S-and-Gotek-X-4.jpg

For Aspire there is a strictly commercial reason why the GoTek S and GoTek X devices are sold without the refillable cartridges. In fact, the GOTEK series also includes a wide range disposable cartridges with of liquid pre-filled with different flavours. So the refillable pod is not included, but you can choose which refillable pod or disposable pod to buy. In some countries, there are no limits on the amount of pre-loaded e-juices and no limits on the strength of nicotine. In Italy the TPD law is observed which allows max 2ml of preloaded e-liquid and max 20mg/ml of nicotine concentration. GoTek S and GoTek X TPD disposable cartridges for Italy will probably be distributed in the future.

Aspire-Go-Tek-S-and-Gotek-X-5.jpg

The contents of the packages are therefore essential and common to both kits, it is a simple configuration with only the main body, a USB Type-C cable and a user manual.

Aspire-Go-Tek-S-and-Gotek-X-6.jpg

Since there are currently no types of TPD-approved preloaded pods, Aspire sent me two refillable cartridges for this test which are included in a single sales package.

Aspire-Go-Tek-S-and-Gotek-X-7.jpg

In the two images below you can compare the two technical data sheets to understand the main differences between Gotek S and Gotek X, the differences are minimal, and mainly concern the design and dimensions.

► Gotek S technical features:
    • Construction materials: PC, ABS and PCTG
    • Dimensions: 40.5x20x74.5mm
    • Weight: 45.5g
    • Maximum power: 3.7V
    • Battery type: built-in 650mAh
    • Type of hit: cheek (MTL) and flavor chasing (RDL)
    • Adjustable Air Flow Control
    • Automatic shooting
    • Charging port: USB-C 0.5A
    • Drip tip: integrated
    • Liquid capacity: 4.5ml
    • Refill: lateral
    • Resistances integrated in the cartridge: 0.8Ω
    • Compatible cartridges: Gotek Pod
    • 5 Colors available

Aspire-Go-Tek-S-and-Gotek-X-8.jpg

► Gotek X technical features:
    • Construction materials: PC, ABS and PCTG
    • Dimensions: 47.6x19.8x81.5mm
    • Weight: 52g
    • Maximum power: 3.7V
    • Battery type: built-in 650mAh
    • Type of hit: cheek (MTL) and flavor chasing (RDL)
    • Adjustable Air Flow Control
    • Automatic shooting
    • Charging port: USB-C 0.5A
    • Drip tip: integrated
    • Liquid capacity: 4.5ml
    • Refill: lateral
    • Resistances integrated in the cartridge: 0.8Ω
    • Compatible cartridges: Gotek Pod
    • 5 Colors available

Aspire-Go-Tek-S-and-Gotek-X-9.jpg

► Visual comparison:
    Both GoTek S and GoTek X have transparent designs that reveal a cylindrical battery and vertical pods. GoTek S has a surface with "pop" prints placed at the top and bottom; it's hard to explain based on the photos, but these prints create a nice three-dimensional effect defined by Aspire as "fashionable". GoTek X Has a larger transparent surface with a more sober overall appearance, defined by Aspire as "futuristic".

Aspire-Go-Tek-S-and-Gotek-X-10.jpg

For this test I received GoTek S in Yellow color and GoTek X in Translucent Black color. The devices are decorated with white identification lettering. GoTek S and GoTek X are really light as they are made of plastic, much more lively Gotek S with yellow 3D prints. GoTek X is slightly larger, but not too much. You can visualize how compact these devices are in the image below together with a cork.

Aspire GoTek S and Gotek X 11.jpg

The other side of GoTek S has no "writings" but keeps the yellow 3D prints while GoTek X on this side is devoid of any decoration or writing.

Aspire GoTek S and Gotek X 12.jpg

The view of the narrow sides of GoTek S and GoTek X always shows a certain transparency, GoTek S has softer surfaces, while GoTek X has processes designed to facilitate grip with the hands. Both are equipped with an attachment for a lanyard or a collar, GoTek S is perforated to pass through a lanyard, while GoTek X has a plastic tab that can be adjusted at will.

Aspire GoTek S and Gotek X 13.jpg

Aspire GoTek S and Gotek X 14.jpg

► Airflow and USB-C:
    On the bottom of GoTek S and GoTek X there is an airflow adjustment via a tiny plastic button / slider. Flow regulation ranges from super narrow MTL to moderately wide RDL. The USB-C charging socket allows you to recharge both devices in about 70 minutes.

Aspire GoTek S and Gotek X 15.jpg

Aspire GoTek S and Gotek X 16.jpg

► LED:
    The ASP circuit of GoTek S and GoTek X is assisted in notifications by a white LED light on "S" and a blue color on "X". The function of the led is basic and only shows; the completion of the recharge, the moment in which the device needs to be charged, finally the safety functions are indicated by a few flashes of the Led.

Aspire GoTek S and Gotek X 17.jpg

► All-In-one:
    As shown in the image below, the GoTek S and GoTek X compartment/pod is quite deep as it must accommodate rather long cartridges. The connection between the Mod and the cartridge is optimal and safe because it takes place via 4 small powerful magnets. When the cartridge is inserted into the Mod you are ready to start vaping and the automatic extraction does not miss a beat, resulting perfect.

Aspire GoTek S and Gotek X 18.jpg

► Cartridge:
    The cartridges are made of dark colored PCTG, however the internal liquid level is easily visible even when the cartridge is inserted into the Mod. The filling is of the lateral type and takes place by lifting an orange silicone rubber tip. With 4.5ml of capacity which is a truly extraordinary amount for a Pod Mod, you will have a remarkably long vape autonomy. The fixed type drip tip with "duckbill" form factor is not my favorite shape, but I must admit that it is comfortable for the lips. These cartridges contain a built-in 0.8Ω coil, the first time you use it you have to wait about 5 minutes to allow time for the cotton to absorb the eliquid.If you look at the bottom of these cartridges you will notice that the passage of the air is divided into several layers to avoid leakage or condensation of liquid.

Aspire GoTek S and Gotek X 19.jpg

► Vaping Test:
    Although GoTek S and GoTek X use the same airflow system and also the same cartridge with identical 0.8Ω coil, for this test I used both, differentiating the liquid to better evaluate them. In one cartridge I inserted a tropical fruit liquid and in the other cartridge I inserted the creamy Hypnos liquid.

In my searches I have not obtained information on the type of coil that has been used, but I think it is of the "Mesh" type because the activation is instantaneous and the rather concentrated flavor makes me think of a Mesh Coil. When the airflow is fully open, the RDL hit is quite contrasty and can easily be equated to a smooth MTL hit, however the cloud production is very good with excellent flavor with both types of e-liquids I used . In the fully closed position of the air flow control, the shot is really heavy almost completely obstructed, but the amazing thing is that if you can inhale there is no spitting and the shot is incredibly smooth! My weak point with the GoTek S and GoTek X is with the airflow setting open at 100%, sometimes I close the flow at 50% to get a slightly hotter vapor and more throat hit.

To recap there are several points in favor of GoTek S and GoTek X. An excellent MTL starter kit with a Pod of this size that is capable of holding 4.5ml of liquid is quite rare and precious. The battery capacity of 650mAh is by no means an exceptionally large capacity, however it handles both devices well, the manufacturer says the battery charge will last for two days, of course this depends on how often you use it, with a charge life cycle of the battery I recorded a consumption of about 4/5ml of eliquid. The GoTek X however appears to have a more consistent output at low battery levels. Differently the manufacturer places emphasis on the portability of both kits via straps support, however the specs of both kits are almost the same, having said that, I think you can choose based on your personal design preferences.

I would like to thank Aspire for providing me with the kits. I hope this review has been helpful for anyone who wants to buy GoTek S & Gotek X.

Thanks for reading.

Aspire GoTek S and Gotek X 20.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Thank you friends for appreciating my work.

Updates:
    There is a refillable pod-included version, which means that people can buy a kit without buying a pod separately.

The packages are pretty much the same appearance. The difference between them is the size and no sticker telling pod not included.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Nice review and a nice little device, thanks man !

The only thing that i was thinking :
    A little pod like this and it has 4.5ml capacity... and some proper attys they have quite less... enen down to 2ml... !
    Thanks, I'm very glad you like my review.
    I was impressed too, GoTek S and GoTek X hold so much e-liquid in their refillable cartridges. In addition, a wide range of optional disposable cartridges with pre-filled liquid (4500 puffs) can be purchased. You can refill your favorite e-liquid or use pre-loaded e-juice pods, this is very interesting.

• Winner
    Reactions: TARTARA

OnTheFidele

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    @Frenkyou Thank you for the review. Thanks to you I have 2 GoTek X's on the way to test. But the GoTek S I'm not sure about because I don't like the designs on them. But I love that they are even smaller than the X's. Are the designs on the GoTek S stickers that can be taken off or are they painted on?

Thanks again for the review!

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    @Frenkyou Thank you for the review. Thanks to you I have 2 GoTek X's on the way to test. But the GoTek S I'm not sure about because I don't like the designs on them. But I love that they are even smaller than the X's. Are the designs on the GoTek S stickers that can be taken off or are they painted on?

Thanks again for the review!
    @OnTheFidele thank you
    There are no stickers on Gotex S, so they cannot be removed.
    It is a technology that allows the creation and decoration of the articles directly during the molding phase. A decorated film is placed inside the mold before the plastic is injected into the cavity.

Last edited:

OnTheFidele

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    @OnTheFidele thank you
    There are no stickers on Gotex S, so they cannot be removed.
    It is a technology that allows the creation and decoration of the articles directly during the molding phase. A decorated film is placed inside the mold before the plastic is injected into the cavity.
    Thanks! Personally I think a poor design choice on Aspire's part, but nothing some vinyl detailing wrap tape can't solve!

Jhanz

Jun 3, 2023
    Really really great review! I’m new on this “world” so a friend recommended me to start it up with this Pod. I was pleased the first two days, but this morning I tried to vape, and I had weird experience with it. It kind of “bubbled” while I vaped and some liquid drops got in my mouth. I thought it could’ve been the cartridge, so I changed it and refilled again and it worked just fine until this evening when it happened again. I didn’t fill it up all the way through, any idea why is this happening?

Thanks, and again, great review!

Reactions: Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Really really great review! I’m new on this “world” so a friend recommended me to start it up with this Pod. I was pleased the first two days, but this morning I tried to vape, and I had weird experience with it. It kind of “bubbled” while I vaped and some liquid drops got in my mouth. I thought it could’ve been the cartridge, so I changed it and refilled again and it worked just fine until this evening when it happened again. I didn’t fill it up all the way through, any idea why is this happening?

Thanks, and again, great review!
    Thank you.
    I don't know, maybe the ambient temperature is too high and your e-liquid becomes too thin. Or the device has a power delivery problem (low) that does not allow an ideal vaporization. Or a batch of bad cartridges?

Users who are viewing this thread