Atomizer Options Thread (Cast your vote!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
It's no secret that ReosMods has always provided exceptional customer service. Rob recently stated that he would be willing to expand our options for BF atomizers on the website, but he needs our input.

What atomizer would you like to see modified for BF?

Please cast your vote here, no matter how absurd you think it might be. Also, if you can, tell us why you chose the atomizer that you did. No vote will go unheard or unnoticed.

I'll start with my vote for the IGO-W. Why did I choose the IGO-W, you ask?

1. Cheap and easy to find
2. 19mm, looks great on a Grand
3. Easy to build on
4. Great for dual coils

You're up, Reonauts!

Vamoman

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2013
South Africa
How about the trident rda. I just done mine
nymahere.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
I'll add my vote for the IGO-W base. There are a million top caps that fit it. Well maybe not a million, but a wide selection.

Another option is the IGO-T which is basically an IGO-W with a reduced chamber top cap. Also comes pre-drilled for dual coil.

I've been contemplating converting my igo-t into a bottom feed, but don't own a LP just yet. That reduced chamber from the stepped down cap provides for great warmth and flavor IMO. Costs about 2X as much as the igo-w, but I like mine 10X more.

darren molnar

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada
How about working with a rda maker to make a stainless steel RM2 with an adjustable airflow cap. Well, you did say no matter how absurd, right? :)
I recently drilled an Atomic clone for my Reo, I was hoping for great things, but, I found the vape to be really weak. As if the atty itself had a lot of voltage drop. I'm not sure what's going on there.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I also vote for the Igo-W.

Although the high-end RDAs have lots of bells and whistles, they're out of price range for lots of folks. I modded a (genuine) Atomic for bottom feed. It performs quite well, but my Igo-W (at a third of the price) is just as good.

As was stated above, there's plenty of options for AFC caps on the market for those who are so inclined.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Honestly, I would be happy with a re-release of the cyclone/cyclops afc in large enough numbers that the price became around $60 complete with fusion top cap. The one and only thing I don't love about the cyclone/cyclops bf is it spits more than any other atty I have. All things considered if it came as a complete 3 piece set as a clone; I would buy my very first clone. As a general rule I abhor clones, they kill innovation and resale value. Chi You for example.

ETA: In regards to the actual topic at hand:
All stainless
Not Chinese
Afc
Dual coil ready
Offset posts (like the cyclone) I like straight tails (biggest downfall of the rm2)

Last edited:

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
I would be interested in something with AFC. I want to experiment with different air flows. I currently run RM2s with unmodified air holes. I do not do dual coils, and run about 1.2 ohm. I am not into the latest and greatest shiny thing either, just want to know if changing air flow makes a difference.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
if you like the stock rm2 airholes, I don't think afc will help in any way. Maybe if you lowered ohms to keep the vape as saturated, but if you kept everything else constant, afc will just over dilute the vape.

The igo-w seems like the best choice. cheap, highly customizable with aftermarket top caps and the like. it will have some overhang but not as bad as 22mm rda's. I was looking at the reactor 2, or vortex, as other rda options.

timk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Yakima, WA, USA
IMO, the best RBA to convert isn't being made anymore or that I am aware of. My favorite so far is the Reactor by Madz Modz. Would be nice to see a 16ish mm atomizer with 3 posts, air flow control (optional to me), and all stainless be mass produced for a reasonable price. Until then, I'll just hoard Reactors lol. They don't have AFC but I don't care for it anyway, 2 - 1/16th airholes is just fine for me. Can't wait for my LP grand to get here so I can have two mods running Reactors. :D They are just a tiny bit too wide to fit a regular grand. I have a Hornet I modded in my grand now and it is great too. Also have a Cyclone and a couple RM2's. They are all great, but I'm really digging dual coils on the Reactor. They are NOT bottom fed stock, you have to modify them.

This is what they look like:

Under the cap:

I share even though I run the risk of drying up stock :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread