? Authentic/clone what ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: What makes a mechanical mod authentic. I am new to this game and looking for an alternative to smoking cancer sticks. As i was visiting my local vape shop. People kept telling that i should just go authentic :confused:. So held off on the vape experience to search online

and research the talk about authentic mechanical mods. And in my en devour to find out more information i came across a few forums

this one included with talk about being careful who you buy from because suppliers may claim authentic when in actuality there clones.

How can one tell if they are authentic or clone. I am about to give up on vaping and stick to the sticks of harm.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
For right now I would recommend a clone. My first mech was a clone and I just recently bought an authentic Nemesis. There is a difference in quality but not enough that a clone would do you wrong. I would suggest, however, that you maybe start with something a little less intense as a first try at vaping. Maybe an eGo battery with a tank. It would allow you to get your feet wet without too much hassle.

Mechs require a bit of care, especially if the shop is going to set you up with a rebuildable atty. There is a lot to learn with mechs and RBAs/RDAs. Not the least of which is battery safety and knowing your resistance in your coil. I would highly suggest going the eGo route to start and see how vaping works for you without the hassle of having to learn so much stuff so quickly.

deeezer

Feb 19, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
The authentic/clone game is kind of silly. The ecig was invented in China. Some authentics are designed outside of China but manufactured in China. If this is your first purchase you probably don't want to pay for an authentic if you are afraid you might fall back on cigarettes. Having said that there are good and bad quality clones, so a little bit of research is always a good idea. Being your first purchase, I'd actually advise against getting a mechanical. I think an ego starter kit or an iTaste battery would be a better start. No point in spending a bunch of money just to get discouraged with a more advanced mod.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    What makes a mechanical mod authentic

Made by the person/company that designed it.

It use to be that when a noob asked what to get, we just said 'get an eGo'. Now there are so many eGo knock offs on the market that are of poor quality that we can't in good conscience suggest them.

Now understand that there is a difference between a 1-1 clone (which is the same as the origional), and a knock off of lesser quality.
    You will find both when looking at mechanicals. There are clones that are good quality, and also some that wouldn't make a good paper weight. However I've seen a few 'origionals' that couldn't hold down a square of TP.

I'm liking the HCigar mechanical clones. They seem very true to the origionals. They even need the same 'fixes' that the origionals needed.
    They just cost -50$ instead of $200+.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread