b&m confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkb0n3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
minnesota
hey vapers!

so i'm new to vaping, right? the b&m i got my winder starter kit and extra tanks from was strictly an e cig shop. it's about an hour and change away from me, which isn't ideal. total trip time would be about three hours, and that would be only a short visit.

now, there's a shop where i used to buy my smokes from, and they too sell ecigs and vape accessories and also juice. that shop is fifteen minutes away, tops. a vape buddy of mine said to steer clear of b&m's that also sold tobacco products.

what are your opinions on this?

thanks all!

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings; That advice about smokes shops sounds plausible -- they're run by people who specialize in tobacco, and have added what probably amounts to nothing more than a fringe market product line for many of them. I've been inside a couple places like this, and the selections were terrible, the prices were insane, and the staff seemed to have little or no E-Cig knowledge.

I've also only been inside 3 or 4 E-Cig B&Ms, so not a lot of personal experience here, but the ones I've visited were staffed by people who actually use e-cigs.

-- Glenn

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
If they have what you want at a decent price, why should you stay away? Also, maybe you want to pick up some pipe tobacco or a cigar to make your own tobacco flavored liquid. I actually miss going into my favorite smoke shops. They don't sell anything I want except Mike's Hard Lemonade but I have plenty of that on hand now. I only visit them when the seasonal Blood Orange & Raspberry flavors come out. Unless they start selling vape gear, I won't be in until April.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have not seen a B & M store that sells both cigarettes and e-cigs that does justice to the e-cig side. I use two e-cig only local shops any time I can, which is most of the time. If these two shops don't sell what I want at a good enough price I shop online with known good suppliers. If I want to make a purchase from a place I have no info on I ask here first.

Now I'm sure that somewhere there is a B & M shop that sells both well, but check them out for quality (for example, do they sell clones as name brand merchandise) and price before you buy from them like you would with any supplier. I just have not seen any like this myself.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
It really depends on what they have and their prices. I have never been in a smoke shop that had decent vaping supplies offered or decent prices on what vaping supplies they did have, but that doesn't mean they don't exist or won't exist at some time in the future.

you could check them out and make a note of what they have and how much it costs. Go check online or post here and decide if there's anything worth buying there.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread