Basic wire diagram and flashlight mod diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
I made these up for someone to help make a mod and thought you all might like to see them. If you see anything you`d change please let me know. refer to what picture as well.

Basic wire diagram

BasicwireDiagram.jpg

Way to do atty adapter You could also solder the neg to the inside of lip

Wirea510Batteryconnection.jpg

One way To mod a Flashlight

PaintFlashlight.jpg

Well let me have it what should I change? I can take it promise. 8-o

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well I would make a few suggestions. Forget the tactile switch, get a switch with at decent AMP rating. These at 2A would seem to be a better choice.

a1.JPG

MadVapes has more and other colors.

Why have that big body and use that use that skinny little 14500 that maxes out at about 900mAh? This same length battery will fit, and now you got 1600mAh, about 75% more vaping time.

uf18500.jpg

Your diagram is good for showing people that the flashlight circuit board is not needed and how easy it is to establish a ground at the switch. With the switch I'm showing you don't even have to solder, just wrap some bared wire around the body before you tighten the locking nut.

You probably need something in addition to super glue, some epoxy and silicone maybe to seal things up. Juice has a sneaky habit of leaking into critical areas and deteriorating glue bonds that seemed fine originally.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Nice work, maybe a few too many parts but anyone with just a little handyman skill can make a mod. Lay the parts out on the kitchen table and stare at them for a while. Close one eye, squint, move to the other side of the table. Something will come to mind.
Warning: once you start modding, it is addictive.
Caution: whatever design you use, vent it, and KNOW which end you want all the fire and shrapnel to come out of. Probably not the atty end. Make this end strong, the other end weak.
WillyB is right about the 18mm diameter protected cells. Better match in diameter, more energy.

Ya'll have fun now,

Rocket

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
So I like it the battery going that way and the blue. The only way to find out if something works is do it. For the price and time I put in on my last mod, with tools bought and parts I didn't like so I tossed them, I could have bought the most exsensive retail mod on the market. But my problem is I never think about that untill I'm done then I think That was stupid to buy all that stuff. Oh well it's called the modding addiction I think.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
So I like it the battery going that way and the blue. The only way to find out if something works is do it. For the price and time I put in on my last mod, with tools bought and parts I didn't like so I tossed them, I could have bought the most exsensive retail mod on the market. But my problem is I never think about that untill I'm done then I think That was stupid to buy all that stuff. Oh well it's called the modding addiction I think.

Ooops should have told you scroll down in that post for my box mod. Sorry that is my sisters blue box. :oops:

markule

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Iowa, USA

Not only have I spent enough on bits and pieces to buy the commercial version, the ones that have worked the best for me don't even use those parts, but are knocked together out of whatever's handy. Ugly, but d**n they vape nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread