Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I was just sitting here browsing the ecf forum when my husband yelled, "... is that?!?" I looked up and saw a puff of smoke coming from the other side of the love seat, heard a hissing noise (like a snake almost), and smelled burning synthetic fibers. My first thought was that a cig battery had malfunctioned, but I keep them all put away and safe, and the one I was currently using was in my hand.

Turns out the dog had gotten hold of a small lithium rechargeable that is used in a little RC helicopter we were playing with yesterday. We had been charging it on my husband's laptop and forgotten about it. The dog was chewing it, and I don't know how, but he's okay. I'm glad it didn't violently explode on him. It did burn a nice black melty spot on the carpet. I guess we can try to have it patched, or buy a small end table to put over it. So stupid that we left that battery out where the dog could get it!

Keep your batteries safe, and remember it's not just e-cig batteries that should be treated with caution!

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
That's scary, poor dog... he just wanted to give vaping a shot

Nah. He wanted to fly the RC helicopter. I do keep all my ecig stuff either up high or in a lock box. Mostly to keep it out of reach of the kids. We've only had the dog for about 2 months, so I'm still getting used to doggy-proofing. I'm so used to being paranoid about my ecig batteries I didn't even give the RC battery a second thought. I'm very thankful the dog is okay. I would have never forgiven myself if he had been hurt. The carpet, I can deal with that...

middleborn

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
SoCal
Glad to hear all is okay...!
When I first got my dog, he thought everything was eatable.
One night, he got a hold of my cig lighter I had left on the coffee table.
I woke to find it with his little teeth marks/puncture holes in the thing...completely drained of fluid.
He was fine, but let me tell you...
He NEVER chewed anything again.
So, it was a bad thing, but a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread