retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
My trusty Vamo has started to be not so trusty and I pulled the trigger on a new SVD. It arrived yesterday and I've noticed it shuts down a lot sooner when the batteries get down to a certain point. The Vamo would refuse to fire when the battery got to 3.2v and the SVD is shutting down at around 3.5v. That's a bit of a pain.

So, for those of you that have the SVDs, have you tried a longer lasting battery in 'em? I'm currently using the Efest IMR 18650s (2000mAh). Looking at snagging a few Panasonic NCR18650B batteries, but don't know if they'll fit in the SVD or not. Because we all know just because it says 18650 on it, it doesn't always mean it'll fit in our mods. Right? :D

Last edited:

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
I've noticed my svd has shut down prematurely as well.
Not all the time.
I think I tracked it down to different batteries though.
Do your batteries have protection?

Mine has done it with cheap batteries.
When put under a load, the battery voltage drops quite a bit fooling the device into thinking the battery is lower than it actually is and it trips the svd protection.

I believe mine has done it with some cheap batteries, batteries that are going bad, and some that were not getting good purchase on the negative terminal.
The latter of which happened with a known good battery, a Panasonic ncr.

I found an oring that fits over the neg terminal. Put it around it. Now I can crank the telescoping portion down a bit tighter without fear of damaging something, because the oring takes some of the load instead of the bottom cap. Haven't had a problem since doing that.

Since I did the oring, and switched to decent batteries, I have not had a single problem.
Prior to doing so, I had my svd shut down about 6 times in the 2 weeks I have owned it.

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I've only been using mine for about 3 days now and the battery life so far has been good, though I did notice that the LED went from yellow to red pretty quickly. I'll keep my eye on it when the current Panasonic CGR18650CH (I have one other and two EMR 18650s) and see how the different combos perform when the battery life gets low.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
My batt hit yellow last night. I may check to see what voltage my shuts down at.

From the manual.

When installed with a single battery:
1. Red LED light = battery voltage is lower than 3.6V
2. Yellow LED light = battery voltage = 3.6V-3.8V
3. Green LED light = battery voltage = 3.8V-4.6V
4. Red LED will keep blinking for 8 seconds when battery capacity is lower than 3.3V, the digital LCD screen will show "LOV and the iTaste SVD will turn off.
5. Red LED light will stay lit for 5 seconds when a load short circuit is detected, then no vapor will be produced and the digit screen show “err”.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Mine seems to have settled down into a routine that pretty much mirrors the Vamo. The last couple of times it's shut down, the battery was at 3.2v. Seems to be going through the battery quicker, but that could be attributed to the chain vaping as I do my best to vape as much of my ADV as possible. :lol:

Continuing to monitor, though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread