BE112/DSE801 vs M-201 carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

eturf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
To start my foray into e-smoking, I got a couple of M-201s from Absolutely Ecigs. After a week I ordered a couple of BE112s (same as the DSE801 I think) from bestecig. Of course, I ordered extra supplies with each one: juice, carts, and spares.

At first I was completely disappointed with the BE112. It can't be carried in the pocket or the car since the batteries are constantly activating, although the USB passthroughs seemed to work okay at first (one died today, though). But, I was even more disappointed in the atomizers. I could never get a decent throat hit no matter what liquid I used . As opposed to the M-201 which gives a great throat hit, although it is harder to draw.

After a week I reached into my big bag of blank carts (I'd thrown them all in one bag) to replace one for the M-201 and filled it. It had an almost impossible draw unless I pulled out the cart a bit from the atty, then it was fine. It seemed the cart was too long for the atty. I compared it to another in the bag and it was longer by about 1mm or more. I checked through the bag and compared the attys and the ones from bestecig are longer than the ones from absolutely. I also have a pack of carts from Johnson Creek and they are the same size as bestecig. Needless to say, when I used the correct size in the BE112 the hit was much better (but still not as good as the M-201, and the batteries in the BE112 still suck). And when I replaced the cart of the hard drawing M-201 with the smaller size cart, it worked fine.

I would have thought that the carts for the M-201 would be the "801" standard but I guess in addition to having non-standard batteries and attys, they had to use non-standard carts, too.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
Carts for 801's come in two sizes. There is a hair's differance in the Atty's at the top and one has a higher arch inside. There is a thread around here somewhere that explains the differances.

I really like doing business with Beci at bestecigs but their batterys are terrible, when they work right they are really good, but more don't work right than work. Their Atty are as good as anyones if you have the right cart. I don't use anything but the 801's/b112.

eturf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
There Has Been Some If's About The Compatibilty Of The M-201 & 801's.

Since You Have Both, Could You Please Tell Me If The M201 & The 801 Are Compatible?

ie, 801 Batt Works On M-201 Atom & Vice-Versa.

Thanks In Advance.

~Keep Vapin~!

Hi CM -

They are not really compatible. The 112(/801 I assume) atty will kind of work with the 201 battery but the air flow is not right - it is way too light a draw but you can produce some vapor. The other way around it does not work at all - the 112 battery will light if it is unscrewed halfway but when it is screwed on all the way the airflow through the 201 atty is completely closed off. The batteries each fit in the other's charger but don't appear to charge, and this might be a bad idea anyway since I think they are slightly different in voltage.

Last edited:

eturf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Carts for 801's come in two sizes. There is a hair's differance in the Atty's at the top and one has a higher arch inside. There is a thread around here somewhere that explains the differances.

I really like doing business with Beci at bestecigs but their batterys are terrible, when they work right they are really good, but more don't work right than work. Their Atty are as good as anyones if you have the right cart. I don't use anything but the 801's/b112.

Thanks for the info. I have some 801 parts on order from DY so hopefully the Best attys will work well with these batteries. I would like to eventually standardize on a single compatible version and with decent vapor production I would go with the 801 battery / 112 atty due to the easier draw since I really like JC VG juice, and it seems too thick for the 201.

warpedscout

Apr 21, 2009
Hernando, MS
I have been using a BE112 for about a week, started out with an NJOY NPRO. I already have a battery problem with the 112 and one of my atomizers has a funny taste. Really hate having to test out e-cigs to find one that is best but seems that is the only way. Have read a lot on the forums but just TMI for me to be able to sit down and get in depth. The 112 is considerably cheaper and produces a lot of smoke. Everyone gets a kick out of me smoking my pen with a blue LED. If they could get past the batteries I would be just about set with a 112. Any suggestions on another pen style that does not break the bank and can use the 112 carts?

eturf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
The 112 is considerably cheaper and produces a lot of smoke. Everyone gets a kick out of me smoking my pen with a blue LED. If they could get past the batteries I would be just about set with a 112. Any suggestions on another pen style that does not break the bank and can use the 112 carts?

I am pretty sure the 801 is compatible with the 112 carts/atomizer/battery from what other people report on the forum. I have some 801s on order from Eastmall so should know for sure in a few days.

eturf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hi CM -

They are not really compatible. The 112(/801 I assume) atty will kind of work with the 201 battery but the air flow is not right - it is way too light a draw but you can produce some vapor.

Scratch that. After further experimentation, the 112 atty works on the 201 battery (but not vice versa ) almost as well as on the 112 battery. My 112 attys are all light draw to begin with and don't produce a lot of vapor unless the carts are completely full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread