Been away for a while and looking for Mod suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

khawk77

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Alabama
I've been away from the forum for a while..about a year. I guess I've just been content to only replenish my supplies. I didn't realize until recently all the new things available. I've been away from analogs for almost 2 years now. I currently use a SB at 6 volts. I'm hoping to find some advice about a few things:

1. What's new that I should know about in the world of PVs in the past year
2. Are there any "gotta have" items I need to get
3. I need help finding my next mod--like I said, I vape at 6v, so I need one capable of that and something that can stand up to some abuse. I am interested in variabe voltage, but it's not a must have. I like the tube mods, but I'm not against something like the wooden box mods I've seen. And lastly, I'm hoping to find one that will last me an entire shift at work(currently, I have to change batteries once a night).

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
For battery life and durability, you might look in to the VVPV from notcigs. Beta testers reported around 15 hours of battery life for fairly heavy vapers. I ordered one. The first run of them is being built now and a couple of people have received their shipping notices.

It is a metal VV top feeder. They advertize it tops out at 5.5v, but I'm pretty sure I read a couple of times in this thread that it tops out at 5.8v. With the load voltage drop you're probably getting with 16340s, 5.8v is probably really really close to what you are vaping at.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'd say the Kick checks the 'must know' box.

^^ what he said ^^
    Hopefully the Kick will be released in Feb. It and a 18490/18500 bat will fit right in a Silver Bullet. Add a carto tank (almost every vendor has them), and you will be good to go.
    I was playing with a Kick (final production model) the other day at ENS.

Last edited:

PsychOfMSE

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 15, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    For battery life and durability, you might look in to the VVPV from notcigs. Beta testers reported around 15 hours of battery life for fairly heavy vapers. I ordered one. The first run of them is being built now and a couple of people have received their shipping notices.

It is a metal VV top feeder. They advertize it tops out at 5.5v, but I'm pretty sure I read a couple of times in this thread that it tops out at 5.8v. With the load voltage drop you're probably getting with 16340s, 5.8v is probably really really close to what you are vaping at.

I'm intrigued by the VVPV as well but don't you think it's a bit early to be recommending it to someone who is looking for dependability? The thing has only been through beta tests, limited ones at that.

six

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    I'm intrigued by the VVPV as well but don't you think it's a bit early to be recommending it to someone who is looking for dependability? The thing has only been through beta tests, limited ones at that.

Considering the electronics it uses have been in use in the buzz pro and the infinity pro for months and those electronics are derivatives of the electronics used in the original buzz and infinity for about year before that... I really can't see why they would suddenly be a problem placed in a box rather than a tube. It's a metal box. What can take more abuse than a metal box?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread