Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
18650 Battery Store's turkey day sale ends tonight. They have Molicel's at $3.50 or VTC5a & VTC6 for $4 - I have a half dozen Moli's on the way.
They're a solid 25a 2600 almost exactly equivalent to VTC5a but from a vape-friendly company.

Molicel P26A 18650 2600mAh 35A Battery - 18650 Battery Store

Reactions: zoiDman

Trent Adams

Nov 29, 2020
Iceland
Reactions: Mowgli

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Cheers.

The are at vape stores so I have to believe they are genuine.

Good luck with that line of thinking.

However I do realize that some people in some countries have a hard tine acquiring authentic batteries as decent prices so if that's the case with you, cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Cheers.

The are at vape stores so I have to believe they are genuine.

Good luck with that line of thinking.

However I do realize that some people in some countries have a hard tine acquiring authentic batteries as decent prices so if that's the case with you, cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Reactions: Mowgli

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    What battery is better for the Aegis Solo mod and the Cube X, running MTL tanks, both RTA and stock coils?

I have the choice of:
    LG HG2
    Samsung Q30, Samsung 20s, Samsung25r
    Cylaid 3000
    VCT5 2500, VCT6 3000
    Vapecell 2000

Thanks in advance,

Trent.

Hi Trent,

There's not really such as thing as a 'best' 18650, there's only the best battery for your particular use. Since you're vaping MTL, I'm going to assume that you're vaping at 30 watts or lower - if this isn't correct, please let me know because it may change my recommendations.

So, assuming a limit of 30 watts, your best bets would be:

• LG HG2
    • Samsung 30Q
    • Sony/Murata VTC 6

Those three are pretty similar, so it wouldn't really matter which you got.

About the source of the batteries, there's a big problem with counterfeit 18650s. Your vape stores are probably trying their best to get authentic batteries, but the sourcing is problematic because the manufacturers won't sell batteries for vaping. This leads to convoluted supply lines, and it's easy for a well-intentioned buyer to be taken in somewhere along the line.

We have a list of trusted vendors who have good track records, larger purchases (so more stable supply lines), and, in some cases, processes for spot-checking shipments to make sure the batteries perform as expected. I'd strongly recommend buying from one of these if at all possible:

Good luck!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    What battery is better
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Noticed you posted a few questions in the New Members Forum. Note that you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
    re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
    In the future, you might want to re post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest re posting in General Vaping Discussion* and chat when no specific forum seems appropriate.:
    General Vaping Discussion
    Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.
    *Could also see Batteries and Chargers in:
    APV and Mods Discussion

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread