Status
Not open for further replies.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
Just email jeff. sure he will change your order for you. It is taking him a week to get out chucks at this time. Im sure you can use adapter from anyone. Standard threads.

Thanks

I was wonder would those adaptors work on the chuck since I do have the adaptors for a 901 and a 501 already. But answer me this are the ones from altsmoke are these adaptors better for the chuck then those, if you happen to have the other device doots- or anyone else who can contribute

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Thanks

I was wonder would those adaptors work on the chuck since I do have the adaptors for a 901 and a 501 already. But answer me this are the ones from altsmoke are these adaptors better for the chuck then those, if you happen to have the other device, or anyone else?

not sure of your question.

but the adapters are all standard threads and should work with any device to convert to whatever atty you want to use with it. The primary batty connector on the chuck determines which adapter to use.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
not sure of your question.

but the adapters are all standard threads and should work with any device to convert to whatever atty you want to use with it. The primary batty connector on the chuck determines which adapter to use.

Doots what I was asking is I have the adapters for my JS, the 801 adaptor for the 501 and the 801 adaptor for the 901. Wondering would these work with the chuck? If so then I won't need to order any additional adaptor and would stick with my 801 Chuck.

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
According to the web page (THAG BUILT: You think you can break it?), the Chuck and Little Chuck can be made with 801, 901 or 510 atty connectors.

So, if I want to at least try it with an 801 (larger than the others), would it be best (just for aesthetic reasons) to order it with 801 connector, and then use an adapter if I want to go with 510 or 901, so that it goes from bigger to smaller diameter, rather than having a skinny "waist" at the adapter and getting wider at the 801 atty (if that's what I end up liking best)?

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
So, if I want to at least try it with an 801 (larger than the others), would it be best (just for aesthetic reasons) to order it with 801 connector, and then use an adapter if I want to go with 510 or 901, so that it goes from bigger to smaller diameter, rather than having a skinny "waist" at the adapter and getting wider at the 801 atty (if that's what I end up liking best)?
That was my thinking... that and I tend to use the 801 more than the 510 and take the 510 out for quick trips with a MP battery anyway. Figured an adapter for the 801 to 510 would be easy enough to get.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
For me it was a simple matter of supply. I love my 901 and already had a bunch of attys in my stockpile, so when I ordered my Little Chucks I kept it simple and got the 901 version. I've never tried the 510 or 801, but the 901 Chuck at 3.7v gives me great taste and plenty of vapor. I couldn't be happier... :)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
This is a battery unit that will last a full day or two days (depending on which unit you buy) so you would order one with a 510 fitting on it if you use a 510 model (or what ever you want, as he will build it to your specifications).

What is really nice about the Chuck or Little Chuck is that it is also customized with your own graphics (if you want) and different colors/finishes. Nobody has one that looks like mine!!

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
This is a battery unit that will last a full day or two days

Sounds like the perfect solution for weekend camping trips. At least a whole lot better and cheaper than portable battery power source, solar charger, UPS or a car battery. The standard Chucks sure look good. Though it might be handy to have one that doubles as a Swiss Army Knife :)

For now I'm happy with the 510 megabatts. I'll just plan on getting a Chuck before my next trip. Could someone answer a couple specific questions for me?

- How long is delivery time running these days?
- Same for custom Chuck?
- Where stores carry the batteries (normal Chuck)?

Thanks,
:) Dave

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey Dave.

This thread has some good info. in it about the Chuck, so I won't repeat it all here, I'll let you read it.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ews/39815-chuck-little-chuck-differences.html
Jeff makes these custom units by hand. VERY reasonable price AND the custom graphics can reflect what ever you are all about, or a cool idea you have. Lots of folks who are graphic artists are submitting their work and Jeff is reproducing it on these units. They're awesome!

His website is here: THAG BUILT: You think you can break it?

Batteries and chargers can be bought in China at Deal Extreme or Focal Price or in the US from Battery Junction. The little Chuck uses Ultrafire 3.6V 880mah Protected Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery RCR123A CR123A 16340 CR16340 and the Chuck uses a 18650. You'll want to choose a nice high mAh for long battery life. I bought 1000mah for my 16340 and 2600 mAh for my 18650 (I think you can find 3000mAh as well).

The Mega bats ROCK... but the Chuck will put them in a drawer! Recommended!

Your right, perfect for a camping trip! I bought 4 of each battery. The Chuck will run about 2 days, so that'd give you a good week out in the wild away from a charger!

If you want to hang out with all the Chuckle Heads, and check out his new works, this is a fun thread (warning... long!!) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/33735-how-spend-saturday.html

rfun6

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Tennessee ....
So is the chuck a 6 volts or 3.7 volts?
Does it depend on which batteries you are using?
Do you change out to different batteries depending on what voltage you like to vape at?
I know nothing about volts.
Do the batteries have nothing to do with the voltage, or do the different size batteries have to do with the length of time you can use it, before you have to change batteries and charge them?
Have heard that the high voltage devices like to use 501 and dripping. Is the little chuck the low voltage and the chuck the high voltage?
Are they going to use a different bigger button on the chuck, like I read somewhere? Can they make one with a led?

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
rfun6 - The batteries link you have would work in the Chuck (but not the Little Chuck). Those would run at 3.7v (actually when first charged, more like 4.2v I believe). You would use 2 of the 3.0v CR123 little batteries in it to run at 6v.

Here is a review of the Chuck at 6v http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-reviews/38540-chuck-6v-review.html

I decided I didn't want to worry about blowing attys, so I run both of mine at 3.7v and they pump out the vapor with my 801/302/RN7042. I'll probably buy an adapter soon so I can run my 510 on it as well.

The Little Chuck is 3.7v and has about a 7 or 8 hour run time on the battery that fits it (16340).

For either battery, the mAh is the length of time it runs... the higher the mAh, the longer it will last.

No LED in the works that I know of. I find the button perfect. It is really small, but presses with a nice easy pressure (but won't just discharge by a slight press against something else). I usually have it in the crook of my finger to work it, and it is quite comfy there. I don't know if Jeff has plans to change it, you could ask but so far even big handed guys haven't griped about the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread