Best fruit juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
What darling Eleanor said; Ahlusion is simply amazing with fruit - kiss the jolly-rancher/koolaid/gumdrop "wow!-it-tastes-like-a-real-artificial-flavor!" syndrome goodbye forever. And yeah, Highbrow's Limoncello and Orange Sangre are also terrific.

BUT, I just cracked Ahlusion's new Lemon Cream and here we go again - it's killer good. More like lemon custard or lemon meringue pie (the way I make it, with real lemons) and soft, but really authentic and clear and creamy lemon. I'm excited about this one - I love lemon and good ones have been really hard to find - flowery or candylike or counter-cleanerish prevail out there. As usual it has really distinct elements, and that's my cheat almost right out of the box.

A+'s Strawberry cake is a really true, jammy cooked strawberry, as is the Blueberry in that cake; the Pineapple in the PUC is spot on;so is the fresh melon in that Boba tea, the apple in the tarte tatin and so on. (So are the other elements.) The only fruit from Ahlusion that's been a little strange to me is the Orange Nocturne (chocolate orange) - it's good but tricky and complicated, like spiced dried orange.

I haven't tried Wlad's many fruit beverages (Fujan Nights, a tropical fruit blend, is delicious) but they get raves. I've been waiting for summer. :)

BTW, I ordered from A+ late-late Friday, got my order today. My daughter had the same experience the week before. That's fast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread