Best RBA for dual coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashechtman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
United States
Hey guys, I've been using my Provari/Igo-L setup for a while, but I'm now looking to get a mechanical mod for a dual coil setup. I'm looking for suggestions on a high quality mechanical mod that costs less than $150, and a rebuildable atomizer that is suited for dual coils to go with it. Preferably a combination that looks good as well.

My current thoughts are to go with Super-T's precise simplicity, with a nimbus rba. Only problem with the nimbus is that 70 bucks for an atomizer is way too expensive for my taste. All suggestions and combinations are much appreciated, thanks!

grindle

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Cork
I'm not positive hercules is dual coil capable
It's what it's best at.
Might be wrong but I thought the igo-w was a dripper.
It is - thought it was strange to see an American mention it when RBA was said. Maybe the proper terms for atties are going to make their way back into the lexicon?

RBA should mean every rebuildable atty (should actually be 'RA', the 'B' is pointless, don't know why that came about).
RDA for rebuildable drippers.
RTA for rebuildable tank atties.

Not sure why RBA became synonymous with and took over from RTA over in America but it made forum-hopping a little jarring for a while.

jfountain2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
United States
An AGA-TD is made to be used as a dual coil, the top cap has 2 sets of air holes (1mm & .8mm I believe) so you can adjust airflow, the tank holds 1.5ml..... I have one and so far (about a month) it's been great, I'm pretty happy with it. I did switch the top cap to a Fauxgotti brass top last week, not because I disliked the original top, just because it looks good with the mech I have it on.

You can check it out here... AGA-TD Dual Coil Rebuildable Atomizer - Kidney Puncher they also sell the top cap I have on mine.

As for a mech, my AGA-TD is currently sitting on a Sigelei 8W (Caravela clone) that I modded, I switched it to an all brass Sigelei 9 bottom switch and a telescoping battery tube. All together the setup cost me about $100.... looks good, works great. It's a work in progress, I'm waiting on a custom drip tip to arrive today for it and this weekend I will redo the finish on it to make it all brushed.

Work in progress.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread