Best VV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCoph

Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hi! I have so many ECF tabs open, my browser is starting to get mad.:firefox:
SO thought I would pose my questions & hope for the best.
I bought a eGo-T(1000mA) a week or so ago and love the look & feel of it.
But...even with different e-liquids, atomizers, tanks, drip tips (I have succumb to this hobby as much as most everyone around here), I haven't gotten that "KaPOW" vape, that it seems most people eventually find. The LR vaporizers seem to leave a metal taste, even with thicker, darker juices. I'd like to stay as far from that taste as possible.
I am slowly realizing the only thing that might provide that is a VV mod.
:smokie:

Having a degree in EE and being a programmer, I have to fight the urge to rip it apart and make it my own. Engineers are notoriously.... lazy. I have certainly added it to the list of projects but it'll have to wait. Until then, there seems to be some high quality VV mods around. Like the Provari, it has strong support, followed by the Lavatube and a few more. Some of them seem to be relatively inexpensive(valuevapor).
I can't find reviews for them...?
Anyone have one & can comment?
I have more juice on the way and will probably buy....something else, soon.

Any recommendations for that Deep, tasty vape?
:drool:

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
You might first try some LR cartos. 1.7 ohm Resurrectors from Crystal Clear Vaping, or 2.0 Boge cartos are a good place to start. Dual coil cartos might help, too (they helped me when I was new).

For VV, you can go many routes. A cheap VV box mod (like from MadVapes) or a nice tube mod (like the Lava Tube v1.5 or Provari). Another choice might be a VV botto feeder, that uses attys. Red Sky Mods have some very nice ones.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Could be your nic level re "Ka-pow". Also could be your PG/ VG ratio. Before rushing out and purchasing another PV I would take a close look at the delivery systems. Some have found the Ego-T mutes flavors. I would suggest you try SmokTech 1.7 LR single coils. All the above is also related to the brand you smoked and how many per day.
Here's the ECF Database:
Best e-Cig Mod List | e-Cig Mods Database
Good Luck.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I went with a couple of ProVari's.

Never ever going to knock the LavaTube as it does a fantastic job for lots of vapers.

I started and still own a couple of Ego batterys. With Resurrectors and a great juice it is a good vape. Ego Dual Core Cardos are also well worth a look. Last for ever taking close to 5ml of juice.

Take your time if budget is an issue and read. I was like a bull in a china shop for my first month culminating in two ProVari's. I use everything in my signature daily apart from the Ego Mods and batterys but they are staying with me as back ups.

Remember the Classifieds here. Great resource.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

SCoph

Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
Chicago, IL
Thank you all for the feedback.
I have some LR attys, they burn hot and fast for sure. I did some wick adjustments on one of them, that seemed to help with the thicker juices.
I used to smoke about a pack a day of Marb light 100's. I haven't completely given them up but a pack lasts a week now. I'm hoping once I find my"sweet Spot", I'll be good. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though :0

I'll keep reading...& ordering!

Britches

Mar 13, 2012
Westminster Maryland
So far I have only tried the Imitation EGo-C battery with 3 different voltages and now the EGo Twist. But I have only positive things to say about the Twist. I usually run between 3.8V and 4V so I still have a long way to go. They are small and compact and I don't have to carry something that is the size of a flashlight in my pocket, And so far they seem to last all day for me

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The two "best" for most, is the variable wattage Darwin and the variable volt Provari. I personally prefer the Darwin due to being variable "wattage", the ultimate in consistency and 21 - 35 hours on a charge. But no knock on the Provari, it's a top of the line,also.

But anyone mentioning the lavatube and the word "best" must be kidding. In that price range a good VV Box Mod or the EVO are definitely better than the lavatube and it's limitations on what you can and cannot vape on it.

fitz4492

Verified Member
May 6, 2012
USA
The lava tube is a good vv mod for the money though I would recommend spending the 10$ more to upgrade to the new chrome version. its worth it in durability aspects. My plastic lava tubes 510 connection broke away from the body after getting dropped and sitting on it accidentally (which is surprising how easy that is to do) Another idea for VV is getting a "The Don" or the Precise + or the silver bullet or various other 18650 mods and put a Kick in it.

Or spend some money and get a Darwin. Amazing mod.

The Kick – Instructions « Evolv

THE MEGALODON

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Silver Bullet - Silver Bullet - Starter Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread