Status
Not open for further replies.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
In the event of a genuine shortage of a product then some kind of management is needed - supply and demand pricing is one way. I don't agree with that but do see the logic for devout capitalists. If a product is still available to a retailer at the original price though and that retailer has manufactured perceived shortages - well, that's just sh*tty and businesses that do it should be shunned.
Although....
I've listed stuff on Ebay before that i know are abundant but the public perception is that those items are 'rare'. And made a tidy profit.
Which makes me a hypocrite. :?:
Time for me to step away probably....

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Do people still not understand how supply and demand works? We've been encouraging everyone to lay in a stock since the Deeming Regulations were released in 2016, so if you're late to the party you have yourself to blame

People are quitting smoking every day, still. Many are not on vaping forums either.

Late to the party, I guess?

This sounds a little to close to "I got mine, tough luck if you didn't".

2 of my 25 year old neighbors just picked up vaping. Being young, they don't have high paying jobs, so it's been a struggle for them in many ways. They were not heavy smokers to begin with, so it's not like they were buying a pack a day. I donated some gear to them, until they could set aside some $$ to make an investment .....but you really can't get people off cigs with crappy old school vape gear, even though *we* were able to do it back in 2012, and before. ;)

I did teach them about DIY though. I hope they keep at it.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
People are quitting smoking every day, still. Many are not on vaping forums either.

Late to the party, I guess?

This sounds a little to close to "I got mine, tough luck if you didn't".

2 of my 25 year old neighbors just picked up vaping. Being young, they don't have high paying jobs, so it's been a struggle for them in many ways. They were not heavy smokers to begin with, so it's not like they were buying a pack a day. I donated some gear to them, until they could set aside some $$ to make an investment .....but you really can't get people off cigs with crappy old school vape gear, even though *we* were able to do it back in 2012, and before. ;)

I did teach them about DIY though. I hope they keep at it.
They must have had their heads up their butts to have waited until now to switch. Maybe they were waiting for an endorsement by Oprah. If money was tight, and with the outrageous tax on cigarettes, the notion of switching ought to have entered their minds long ago. They deferred it. We're talking about a bunch of Johnny-come-latelies here, and such folks can do with some gentle shaming.

Never let yourself get in a position where you are unable to spare $100 now to save yourself $200 next month. I've no pity for such people.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
These price piss takes aren't exlusive to e liquids. Here in the UK we have several national chain supermarkets competing against each other. Then there are the discount supermarkets that import much cheaper goods. Sainsburys for example severely over charge for products which are much cheaper in every single other supermarket. But Tesco is still quite expensive when you compare it to the discount supermarkets. Basically what i'm saying is not everybody takes the piss so you have to shop around. Prices for the exact same product can very quite dramatically. Supermarkets rely on "convenience shopping" where a customer will buy all their goods in one place each week. Me i shop around, a lot !.

• Agree
Reactions: fgarvin

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
They must have had their heads up their butts to have waited until now to switch. Maybe they were waiting for an endorsement by Oprah.

Right, so anybody who didn't start vaping years and years ago has their head up their ....?

I've no pity for such people.

Maybe you know where to buy vape gear.

You sure don't know where to find some humility though. :( And, I do have pity for you, and "such people" who think like this.

AFAIC, statements like what you made have zero place on a vaping forum, which is about getting people off cigs, helping them, not judging them, supporting all those who find vaping or are ready to quit smoking......today, tomorrow, and even years from now..........and certainly not about bragging about how smart you are and how dumb they must be.

New members don't need to run into people who think the way you do......that has never been the design, sentiment, or purpose of this board.

Last edited:

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
They must have had their heads up their butts to have waited until now to switch. Maybe they were waiting for an endorsement by Oprah. If money was tight, and with the outrageous tax on cigarettes, the notion of switching ought to have entered their minds long ago. They deferred it. We're talking about a bunch of Johnny-come-latelies here, and such folks can do with some gentle shaming.

Never let yourself get in a position where you are unable to spare $100 now to save yourself $200 next month. I've no pity for such people.

What. The. Hell??

Gotta agree with Race on this one. Your post does not reflect the ideology of this site and the people who post here. If a person only just now abandoned analogues for vaping? We CELEBRATE that person. We don’t trash them for “waiting so long” to jump on the bandwagon. That’s the opposite of what we’re doing here. We want more people to take up harm reduction methods or to flat out quit altogether if possible. It isn’t about being in some kind of exclusive club. Good god.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Right, so anybody who didn't start vaping years and years ago has their head up their ....?

Maybe you know where to buy vape gear.

You sure don't know where to find some humility though. :( And, I do have pity for you, and "such people" who think like this.

AFAIC, statements like what you made have zero place on a vaping forum, which is about getting people off cigs, helping them, not judging them, supporting all those who find vaping or are ready to quit smoking......today, tomorrow, and even years from now..........and certainly not about bragging about how smart you are and how dumb they must be.

New members don't need to run into people who think the way you do......that has never been the design, sentiment, or purpose of this board.

What. The. Hell??

Gotta agree with Race on this one. Your post does not reflect the ideology of this site and the people who post here. If a person only just now abandoned analogues for vaping? We CELEBRATE that person. We don’t trash them for “waiting so long” to jump on the bandwagon. That’s the opposite of what we’re doing here. We want more people to take up harm reduction methods or to flat out quit altogether if possible. It isn’t about being in some kind of exclusive club. Good god.

In a fit of kneejerk outrage and frenzied virtue-signaling, a couple of posters seem to have missed the context. My reply and followup were a directed at a dude who was complaining about the comparatively high price of nic in the wake of regulations.

He can still get his; he just pays the latecomer's premium. There's no gatekeeping here, so calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread