Bigger clouds less throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
When ever you go sub ohm you will always have to lower your nicotine. So my advise is is either 3-6 nicotine.

I agree with the above. Once you begin rebuilding, you'll need to drop your nic levels in you e-liquid at least one step.

You can continue to use your old e-liquids if you don't mind diluting them by adding some Vg (vegetable glycerin) to them. You can purchase this (Glycerin) at Walmart very inexpensively. Found in either the skin or foot products section, or ask a sales person where it is. They'll know it as "glycerin".

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
why?? I subohm with 100VG and 20 -36 nic...

you are used to it though ;)
assuming that the OP is new to subohm, and even if not subohm, usually when dripping you want to lower your nic a bit as it will hit harder than from a tank....

but yes, more vg will help with th and also less nic can help with less th

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I'm still a smoker, but trying to quit. I've had the little egos and they just don't do it for me. My wife just got a vv mod and it's like taking a .... rip off a sweet tasting tailpipe. I cough a lung up. She's running it at 10v and 3.5watts. Nicotine is at 16mg. So, what's the deal (other than me being a wimp)?

different subject from the topic at hand ;) but this is normal for new vapors....it helps that at first not to take the vape into the lungs as this is not needed, the nic absorbs in your mouth and nose ;) also take smaller hits and more often...vaping is more about keeping your nic levels stable....so it's common to vape more than you smoked eventually this well mellow out and you should start noticing you vape less and less for the need and more for the pleasure ;) once you are used to vaping then start dragging into your lungs....vapor is heavier than smoke so it irratates the lungs a bit more but overall it is healthier than smoking ;)
best of luck.

K Stub

Jan 16, 2014
Lone Tree, CO
Cigarettes have anesthestic agents in them to paralyze the cilia (little hairs) in your lungs to keep you from coughing. E Juice doesn't, so it irritates your lungs in a more "normal" way than cigarettes. My mom has COPD, and lung hitting vapor actually irritates/hurts her lungs and makes it harder for her to breathe than smoking does! That's why she (and I) only mouth hit. I will sometimes lung hit, but find I get a bit of a sore throat and a "tight" feeling in my lungs if I do it to much.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Just started making my own coils using 28g and cotton and am rolling 9/8 to get 1.24 ohms running dual coil to get .64 ohms get a decent cloud but to much throat hit what can I do

I used to sub ohm for a couple years, used nothing higher than 26g wire and only mech devices... then the high watt boxes came out and I jumped on them because i thought sub ohms was the only way to get best flavor and vapor at the same time.

Well I was wrong... ymmv, but like you I don't care for throat hit; just flavor and good vapor. I was getting occasional burnt hits too often as well.

I now use 30g wire and vape 1 to 2 ohms (single or dual coil) and rely on air flow and higher voltage to get the clouds (you need a good atomiser with at least 2mm air hole/s).
Thinner wire takes more wraps which give you more surface area on your coils (good for flavor) and takes less time to cool down.
Best to have a regulated mod that gives you more than 4v.

I usually use i.e. a 1.5 ohms coil or a 1 ohms dual (2 x 2ohms), and vape about 4.5 to 5.5v.

Another good thing is this setup uses less amp draw, which is better for battery life.

And oh yes... keep the nic % down...

FFMedic22

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Central MS
I'm still a smoker, but trying to quit. I've had the little egos and they just don't do it for me. My wife just got a vv mod and it's like taking a .... rip off a sweet tasting tailpipe. I cough a lung up. She's running it at 10v and 3.5watts. Nicotine is at 16mg. So, what's the deal (other than me being a wimp)?

Not to pull this thread away from OP, but 10v??? Would deffinatly taste like a BURNT sweet tailpipe! :unsure:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii

I wondered about this too... 10v? what VV does she have? I don't know of many that go over 5-6v other than some DNA types or Yihi.
I ran the numbers on an Ohms law calc... and it doesn't sound right. Do you mean 3.5 ohms ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread