Black SB Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharky

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Phoenix AZ
I have had my Black SB for just under 24 hours so this isn't a review but just some early thoughts.

1. The finish is all I could ask for. The SB is a thing of beauty but I was not into having to polish it in between vapes. Not my kind of gig. The black powder coat is just what I was looking for. Very clean with no worries of fingerprints or smudging.

2. The threading on both halves of the BSB are tight and smooth. Be sure to buy some noalox to keep them moving smoothly.

3. The 18650 2600 mah Ultrafire battery fits snugly in the unit with no rattle or movement. I am still using my first 18650 batt from yesterday afternoon which I expected. I expect this batt to last into later this evening before changing just like on my Fish Chuck.

4. The switch is what sold me on this unit. After seeing a Silver Bullet at one of our monthly Vapers get togethers I saw a friends SB and fell in love with the switch. A smooth easy depress that so far has not misfired once. I cannot imagine a better switch on any battery mod.

5. Customer service from Altsmoke is excellent. I ordered my unit on Tuesday before Thanksgiving and received it on Saturday. Considering the Thanksgiving holiday I couldn't ask for more on the shipping time. I received a couple of inquiries from Rob making sure that I was taken care of when the unit didn't show up on Black Friday.

Since this is a well proven unit with a new "skin" there really is no need for a full blown review. I expect this to be a monster vaping unit like my other mod. Rob and Chad have a winner on their hands and for just under a hundred bucks for the unit you cannot go wrong.

Here are a couple of pics of my new BSB.

bsb1.jpg

bsb2.jpg

bsb3.jpg

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Great! I'm convinced... I want to order one next week...

I've been looking at some other, big-bat mods, and I must say... there were several things about the SB and Altsmoke in general that caught my attention...

1) Love the button! It's recessed, it's fat (like my thumb) and it looks much like a shiny dime! I've looked at the buttons on other Big-Bat Mods and they mostly seem to be those cheesy, plastic, black buttons with the nasty-looking hex-bolt thingy... UGH!

2) The SB looks like it's combat-ready... really, I feel as if I could ball up my fist around it and punch some jerk in the jaw if I need to... I'm not a violent person, per se, but I do know that sometimes, violence IS the answer... and I like having the exclamation point readily at hand if need be... I wonder... maybe Altsmoke could attach a knife and some other useful tools on it to make... you know... a Swiss Army Vape! I would love to be able to vape, trim my nails and pop open a can of pork-n-beans without having to switch tools, you know?

3) I happen to be one of those crazy fools who likes to buy my goods as locally as is possible... and as far as I can tell, Altsmoke is based in the Weirdtown/Pixburgh area... right on the other side of town from me. And for an industry that's still based largely in China, that's about as local as I can hope to get!

So when are more of the Black Silver Bullets going to be available? Payday's at the end of the week, and I can't wait to spend more money... it's okay, I'll make more...

-Karl the heretiK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread