Bloog/Volt/Halo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife wants a analog type e-cig that she doesn't have to tinker a lot with.
I have been searching endlessly for days and I was only looking at 510's so we can intermix components, but since they make adapters, it's really not that important.
I talked with a friend on the phone that has been using a Halo G6 and loves it. He also said he is on the same carto for 2 months with no issues or burnt taste and that got me looking more into the KR8s.

I have watched many youtube vids where people smoke these brands and just give their thoughts, no volt test/carto deconstruction comparison and such like they do with larger e-cigs. (hint-hint...lol.)

Grimm Green says the Bloog & Volt are the same; PBusardo goes into a little more depth on the Volt.
(BTW, both of these reviewers do awesome vids)

I have searched the web and these seem to be the specs for Bloog & Halo, I couldn't find volt.

Bloog - 320mAh / 3 to 3.2 ohms / batts are 4.2 max voltage, 3.7 operating voltage
Cartos= 5 blanks/ 9.99...... @ 3.7 volts = 4.56/4.27 watts

HaloG6- 280 (78mm) mAh / 2.4 - 2.8 ohms / batts are 3.3 - 4.2 volts
Cartos=4XL blanks/ 8.99....... 5.70/4.88 watts (not sure if voltage is regulated?)

Volt?? Same as Bloog??
Cartos=5 blanks / 8.95

I'm sort of a numbers guy, wife could care less. She just wants a good e-cig that's analog style and very easy to maintain/refill.
If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy......lol.
I've heard some good things about 808 cartos lately and I will get a pack to try anyways.

So does anyone have and better specs/info/input on any or all of these models.
Thanks.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I use the Volt and know the 78mm batterys are 320mah. They are regulated to 3.6 I believe and the vape stays consistent until about the last three puffs before the charge dies. Using the same carto for 2 months is quite possible as long as you stay with their juice meaning Volt, Bloog or Halo. When I use other juices carto life diminishes drastically to as low as 2-3 days depending on which juice I put in it. The whole system, bat, carto and juice seem to be perfectly matched and if I stay with that I know what to expect. As far as the rest of the tech stuff I could care less. It's simplicity at it's finest, consistent and dependable. When I take a draw I know what to expect and if I don't get it I just screw on a fresh bat and keep vaping. Actually I screw a freshly filled carto on a freshly charged battery. That way all I have to carry is cartos and enough batteries or a pcc. At night I top them all off and charge.

ETA SteelJan has several youtube videos on the Volt. I remember one where she tested the voltage, carto resistance etc with a meter. She also tested the auto battery with a leaf blower and chainsaw for noise or wind activation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSNyuRvMz7o&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link WM, I remember watching it now when I was looking for a 510.
It sounds like the cartos have less ohms than the bloog.
Jan shows 2.2 - 2.6 vs 3.0 - 3.2 from Bloog which puts the Volt watts @ 6.22/5.265 amps.

I see that Volts auto are now sealed. Do they need to be primed like the older kr8's?

Yeah, 2 months and still going on the same carto got my attention, especially since he still hasn't cleaned it and has no complaints. I may have to get a pack of Halos so I can deconstruct.

I have till Friday to find her something......hmmm

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Thanks for the link WM, I remember watching it now when I was looking for a 510.
It sounds like the cartos have less ohms than the bloog.
Jan shows 2.2 - 2.6 vs 3.0 - 3.2 from Bloog which puts the Volt watts @ 6.22/5.265 amps.

I see that Volts auto are now sealed. Do they need to be primed like the older kr8's?

Yeah, 2 months and still going on the same carto got my attention, especially since he still hasn't cleaned it and has no complaints. I may have to get a pack of Halos so I can deconstruct.

I have till Friday to find her something......hmmm

They don't need primer puffs like the old ones. If you get a pcc and two charged 78mm batteries you leave home with about 1120 useable mah which sustains most folks for a day away and takes up less space than a pack of analogs. I just plug what's used up at night and spend about 15-30 minutes topping off cartos. Don't know where all the misinformation comes from about battery life. Those promoting the bigger is better agenda all say 100 mah hours = 1 hour vaping and then say a battery only lasts an hour or less. The regulated batteries seem to do a lot better than that for the folks that actually use them and even if they didn't 320 mah would = about 3 1/2 hours. For somebody chain vaping maybe 3 hours would be realistic. For somebody going about normal daily activity like working or shopping with normal vaping habits 4 to 6 hours is realistic. As far as fiddle free goes, one of the forum managers, Rolygate, said it best on what to recomend for newcommers. 510 for those who like to fiddle, Kr808 for those who don't.

Last edited:
PBsurado did a review on the Elite 808 I just watched and said he got 7.5-8 hrs on a 380mah at his pace.

Battery time isn't a issue with the wife, she's a homemaker and I plan on getting her a passthru also.
Basically she needs something that's easy to maintain; will last and hopefully get her off analogs.

I think she is definitely a kr8 type, now I just have to find her something.

Last edited:

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
If she wants analog like I wouldn't hesitate to get the auto batteries in any of those three and if battery life is really unimportant, probably the 65mm. Volt is the only one of the three I have first hand experience with but I've done some homework on all three. I've read a couple of complaints on Bloog cartos but I don't know the circumstances. Volt has a standing 10% discount code and I believe they're the most economical of the three. Their CS is also outstanding and they have a rep on their thread daily. I know you're on a deadline so you probably don't have time to wait for the Valentines day sale but they run some pretty good ones. Some of Volts juices are pretty good but I've heard better raves about Halo's than any of them, although I've never tried them. The Elite is a thing of beauty but they don't make it in auto and I don't really think they're regulated. Good luck with your quest. I know all about keepin Mama happy lol.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Volt (made by Smokeless Image) is very similar to Bloog. I have both the Bloog has a slightly longer cutoff (approx 6 seconds where volt is approx 5). the bloog edges out the volt slightly because of this.

i have not tried the halo G6, but i can tell you that their line of juice is EXCELLENT. i would not be surprised to hear that their batts and cartos were on par with the bloogs and volts.

Thanks for the input everyone, I did a little more research and think the Volt is what she needs.
Yeah, my buddy said that I have to give Halo's juice a try. Order goes out Friday :)

I am hearing nothing but good things about these 808 cartos and just about everyone I know is now rocking them over the 510's. They say the 808s are giving them a lot less problems and they are lasting a lot longer.
I would probably have to try the Bloog out since they are higher ohms.
What are some of the issues they are having?

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I read about some wicking problems and burnt taste with some popular juices but for all I know they may have it straightened out. It's been a couple of months ago. I've heard a lot of good things about V4L but I'm pretty sure they're gen 1 and not regulated and I'm not sure whether they're vertical coil or horizontal. They sure have some tempting sales. If you want the Volt 10% code I'll pm it to you. By Friday they may start their Valentine sale. Check out their thread. May save you some money if you go that way.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Skelley sir in all seriousness there is little difference between the gen 2 batts. Bloog, halo, and volt get the highest bin models, meaning they all range from 3.53-3.68v under load. The bloogs get the highest cut off switches (6.8 second average), but even the latest ones from halo and volt are nearing that mark (6.3 sec avg on both). Gen 2 batts are regulated so stay at whatever operating voltage they ship at during their charge span (except at the very end when they drop to 3.24v or so and flash). The difference is the ohms on the cartos. Latest bloog ones avg 2.8ohms and range between 2.6-2.9ohms, halo avg 2.8 as well but range from 2.5-3.0ohms, and volts average 2.9 ohms and vary from 2.7-3.3ohms. Go with the best price offered, best customer service, and best instock in the case of Gen 2 kr808's. :)

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
Volt (made by Smokeless Image) is very similar to Bloog. I have both the Bloog has a slightly longer cutoff (approx 6 seconds where volt is approx 5). the bloog edges out the volt slightly because of this.

i have not tried the halo G6, but i can tell you that their line of juice is EXCELLENT. i would not be surprised to hear that their batts and cartos were on par with the bloogs and volts.

I read in the big ol' Smokeless Image thread that on their last battery restock, they changed all their auto batteries to ones with a 7 second cutoff. I'd link to the SI rep's post, but that thread is huge and I am feeling lazy! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread