Boge 510 cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

keegy

Sep 7, 2010
SLC, UT
I recently purchased some Boge cartomizers for my 510 with high hopes. They were pre-filled and I have only used one so far. With the first one I am not very impressed, compared to my 510 atomizer/cart combo I would say i'm getting about 1/3 to 1/4 the vapor production. Is this fairly standard?

I will refill once it runs out of juice with the hopes that a fill of different juice might help but just want to see what others think.

I assume either a) the first cartomizer I pulled out was kind of a dud, b) the pre-filled juice isn't very good, or c) this is just standard cartomizer behavior.

I'm hoping for a) because while watching some youtube reviews of the boge cartomizer I saw nice vapor production compared to what I have experienced. However, I noticed the reviewers were using a different battery than the standard 510. Can anyone with experience give me some thoughts? Thanks

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I recently ordered 4 boxes of Boge 510 empty cartos. I've only put 2 in use so far and while I agree vapor production isn't quite up there with my 510 atty it's close I would say 80-90% or more so my guess is it probably has something to do with the pre-filled juice. Flavor is almost there with my atty also, very slight difference in intensity but not enough call it a negative and I've found it to be a plus on some juices I have that I thought were to strong otherwise. To me they have a easier more "airy" draw which I'm liking more and more once I get use it it. I've found also if you're just started with one give it a while, they seem to preform better once they've had a chance to break in a little while. I'm impressed with how long they are lasting. I've refilled one of them 4 times so far and it has no off taste whatsoever and is preforming just like it did on the first fill. I do keep them wet and refill at the first sign of a drop in flavor so I'm sure that helps.

Overall I'm very happy with them. Very consistent vape through the fill after they are broke in which just takes a few minutes. They've already met my expectations for lasting(number of refills). It remains to be seen just how long I can get one to go before I toss it but so far so good. I got the soft tip and use the condom method for filling and so far I'm liking them alot.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I'm with Nomoreash, I've got about 5 in use with different flavors in each, which is one of their advantages. They make about the same amount of vapor, just very slightly less than an atty. Flavor is about the same, on some it's less some it's better. The draw is always lighter unless overfilled. The main advantage is the price. You get 5 for the price of a single atty. I've found that they take a few primer puffs to get them going each time, which can be annoying. Another advantage of course is their capacity. A couple of filled carto's in my pocket and an eGo battery will keep me going for a few hours, you can't say that about the atty/cart setup. I've got about 50 carto's in my stock, some Boge some SLB. From my experience they're both good, although some people prefer one over the other, I just can't tell any difference. If you buy blanks you'll save a bit of $$ and not have to endure the flavor of the prefilled juice. Some are ok, but some are pretty bad, I just prefer to use my own flavors. If you're having problems getting vapor out of one it may be a dud. Try another and see how they compare.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Never had much luck with pre-filled. I buy blanks because the flavor of the pre-filled juice is usually awful and lingers for a few refills. How you fill them matters as well. I prefer to pop the cap and drip about 10 drops around the edges (missing the center tube). then I give it a Taryn spin and repeat 2 more times so that there is a total of 30 drops. Let it sit for a minute and fire it up. Works great for me.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I like them and have just begun to use them.....always used carts and attys 'til I just got some cartomizers and decided to see. I've noticed that they get better as they go. Or maybe I'm just getting used to them. The vapor is warmer than that from my 510 carts.....had to get used to that. But they are handy....especially on the go.

chrizzle

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2010
Chicago
As an alternative, check out the new Genuine Joye cartos. They have received some great reviews in regards to taste and vapor. Some experienced members claim that they work as well as a stand alone atty. I don't have that much experience with attys to back that up, but I can tell you they are awesome. The only drawback is that you need a syringe to fill them. But for the amazing vapor and flavor these things put out, it is well worth it. Consistently good, too. They seem extremely resistant to burning as well.

EDIT: Here are a couple of links to check out along with videos.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-reviews/119451-genuine-joytech-cartomizer-no-im-not-kidding-its-new.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/video-reviews/119880-joytech-egomega-510-cartomizer-review.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/video-reviews/122157-joyetech-510-cartomizer-followup.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/video-reviews/122097-raw-duck-show-tell-genuine-joye-510-cartomizer-someone-said-they-were-new-yeah-they.html#post1891717

Last edited:

axolotly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
GA
Thanks for the info, everyone! After dripping for about a week, I realize that I need a solution for on the go. I'm getting a good feeling about the Boge Cartos from reading around a bit, and I like the idea of popping off the soft-tip and dripping to refill. Going to go order some, and I'll pop back into this thread to give a noobie's perspective.

Stutzy

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Denver, CO
I'm using Boge Cartos and have been fairly pleased. I wouldn't go with prefilled though. Mine seem to produce pretty good vapor. I just worry about the crackling noises coming from it and the burnt juice that leaks out the bottom after a few days. I did cut one apart just to have a look and the coil seems to get so hot it can burn juice, but the filling was untouched so at least im not melting plastic.

JWolf

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Orlando, Florida, United States
I actually think that for quick refills, its easier to just screw off the carto and drip in through the hole on batt end (just make sure it is not sitting down, or the juice wont flow into it). Every so often though you got to check and make sure all the filler is nice and moist and put some in the endcap if its not (but I don't have to worry about the cap flying).

Also, I am still on my first pack of boges, but 2 of them really just dont perform well at all (one died already). Two produce good vapor (like 70% of a cart) but one of them, has been going like a champ (maybe even better vapor production than from my carts) and its been my go to carto since I got them in a little over a week ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread