Bourbon begets Reo #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I took the day off yesterday to get some yard work done and had a "few" adult beverages along the way. I was feeling no pain yesterday evening and made the mistake of perusing the classifieds. I awoke this morning with the vague notion of having purchased something last night. Sure enough, Reo #3 is on the way, lol. Black wrinkle LP with old school contacts. I have some gold contacts ready to go in when it arrives.

I also need to secure a new SL door for it - don't know why, I just don't like solid doors. My white LP has a TRA SL door and my black wrinkle LP/SL has, well, a black wrinkle SL door. Not sure which direction I'm going with the new addition. I'm thinking maybe a white SL door for the white LP and moving the TRA door to the incoming Reo. Or, maybe a Hammertone SL door for the new arrival? Was kind of bummed to see no brass SL doors in stock.

Enough rambling... be careful out there folks - drinking and going through the classies can be a dangerous proposition.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
HAHAHAHA. Awesome story. At least you woke up and realized you had ordered a REO and not a bunch of worthless As Seen On TV crap. Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday. I'm going to have to try a day like that.

Not a bad day at all. A few years ago I drunk ordered a custom 1911 which set me back a couple grand. This was nothing by comparison. :party:

Hehehe!!!!
Did you get the reo from @FearTX ?? He is a standup, great dude!
Congrats & enjoy!!

Yep, that's the one! I'm hoping it'll be here on Friday.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Hahah that'd be a surprise to wake up too. Better you remembered now than getting it in the mail randomly :)

I'm with you on the solid stuff, but I found out with the mod I gave kkay. I'm an SL fan completely. After getting the solid mod in hand, I just couldn't like it as much as the SL. It performed well and all just didn't like the feel. I'm weird about that stuff haha.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I love the solid body & SL door combo! I have the LP Black Wrinkle w/ TRA SL door. I just ordered a new LP with a TRA body & Black Wrinkle SL door. Kind of like a Ying & Yang pair!
I ordered the new one while completely sober though.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I keep telling myself not to even try for a woodville during the upcoming sale, I really can't afford it right now. You have encouraged me to stop at the liquor store on the way home on sale day. See things more clearly :thumb:

Congrats!!!!

Solid logic, for sure!

I've got my Woodvil funds safely set aside - I'll be sober as a nun on sale night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread