Boxer Mod Dual 18650 Yihi 350J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Does this come with a schematic? I can solder decently, just want to make sure what's going where.

YiHiecigar_SX350J_Wiring_instruciton.jpg

• White - Out + (positive) center pin of your connector
  • Red - Battery + (positive) connection
  • Black - Battery - (negative) connection

Last edited:

dannyben

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2014
USA
How does it feel in the hand compared to the M Class? I already sold my M Class because of the way it felt in my hand. I was not a fan of the button or placement of the button,it was way too heavy and it made my hand cramp up too easily.

The button on this is actually much better placed & contoured in. The rocker switch on the bottom is a much better design too then those recessed ball bearings on the mini.

Yes this unit is fatter then the mini, but it is also shorter and less deep. The body is rounded in towards the front and whether you prefer using either your index finger or thumb it is a perfect fir in your hand/grip.

No points or sharp corners....and well certainly NO paint issues ;)

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
The button on this is actually much better placed & contoured in. The rocker switch on the bottom is a much better design too then those recessed ball bearings on the mini.

Yes this unit is fatter then the mini, but it is also shorter and less deep. The body is rounded in towards the front and whether you prefer using either your index finger or thumb it is a perfect fir in your hand/grip.

No points or sharp corners....and well certainly NO paint issues ;)

Awesome! I already have one on order just because it looked so compact and comfortable to hold. Glad to hear some confirmation on that.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
The battery sled is marked for parallel so your solder points will be the contacts on the sled, the 510 pin and the ground.

The white is already soldered to the board, you need to finish it by soldering the 510, Red to the positive battery contacts And the black to the battery contacts and the ground ring shown on the 510 connection.

And I used and modified someone's image from the site, I hope you don't mind and thanks.

Boxer-dual-60W.png

dannyben

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2014
USA
@dannyben can you give us a quick walkthrough of the soldering process?

The battery sled is marked for parallel so your solder points will be the contacts on the sled, the 510 pin and the ground.

The white is already soldered to the board, you need to finish it by soldering the 510, Red to the positive battery contacts And the black to the battery contacts and the ground ring shown on the 510 connection.

And I used and modified someone's image from the site, I hope you don't mind and thanks.

That is actually close, but not correct. If you follow those instructions you will have a 60W device only. Not sure where you got your battery tray from, but the one I received from Ginger Vaper and what he is selling is marked for SERIES and NOT parallel.

Using your picture (thanks for it), I have edited it for the proper 150W series install. And again, the battery tray IS marked properly for series installation.

*** The kit came with extra 16G wire, which you need to connect the two bottom battery terminals and also to branch off the ground wire to the negative terminal and ground. Plenty of wire was included.

Boxer_dual_150_W.png

Last edited:

coustain

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2014
Fort Jackson, SC
For those of you with the silicone sleeve, if you find that it likes to creep up the SX Mini ever so slightly and slowly, grab some double sided fabric tape (like the ladies use to fasten unruly blouses and dresses to themselves), put the sleeve on the SX Mini, roll it up over itself at the bottom so that its inside out and put the double sided tape on the mod. When you roll the silicone back down, you will have the extra stickiness you need to keep the sleeve from sliding!

Sent from my iPhablet using Tapatalk

Reactions: vapealone

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
That is actually close, but not correct. If you follow those instructions you will have a 60W device only. Not sure where you got your battery tray from, but the one I received from Ginger Vaper and what he is selling is marked for SERIES and NOT parallel.

Using your picture (thanks for it), I have edited it for the proper 150W series install. And again, the battery tray IS marked properly for series installation.

*** The kit came with extra 16G wire, which you need to connect the two bottom battery terminals and also to branch off the ground wire to the negative terminal and ground. Plenty of wire was included.

Boxer_dual_150_W.png

You are absolutely correct Danny, the sled I bought was the 60W. I'm looking for the longer life out of the battery so I'm going parallel. I'm a wuss and rarely get over 15 watts or 25 joules. But it's great that you put up the other diagram, now we have them all wired.... really crappy pun on words.

Thanks!

dannyben

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2014
USA
You are absolutely correct Danny, the sled I bought was the 60W. I'm looking for the longer life out of the battery so I'm going parallel. I'm a wuss and rarely get over 15 watts or 25 joules. But it's great that you put up the other diagram, now we have them all wired.... really crappy pun on words.

Thanks!

We had this debate over in the M class thread and I am also sure it's been debated back and forth all over the place with so many mixed and opposite opinions. While yes, in theory, parallel will double the mAh and series will double the voltage, this is true for an unregulated mod. When you throw a chip into the equation, especially one like the SX350J, all bets are off. ie., if you run in series at only 15W or 25J (or even considerably higher) and don't call for that extra voltage/amperage required for 100-150W, then you will still achieve double the battery life (less a few points for efficiency loss).

I still wasn't too sure, but between all the sxmini users with the battery tube stating extra run time as well as GV themselves recommending the series wiring, I went ahead and ordered/wired this way.

Glad I did. It's now been about 24 hours since i first hit my fire button and running exclusively in standard mode at various wattages I am now @ 32,000 joules with just over half my battery remaining. While I know that last 10%-20% will not be as favorable, it will still give me between 60K-70K joules per charge.

So... really no point to go the parallel way with this mod. No harm wiring in series and having that extra horsepower if you do ever want/need it is surely a nice option.

boxer_32k.jpg

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Danny,

I appreciate the feedback and I'm not really debating. I talked to a distributor of the chip to get my information and parallel is the way I'm going to go. Like I said I don't want/need the extra wattage and have the 60W sled. My 100W devices have never seen 30 watts.

It's good to have options, now folks have a diagram to wire up their boxer either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread