Brick-and-mortar store in NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsenMike

Jul 26, 2009
New York, NY
Does anyone know of a physical brick-and-mortar store in NYC that sells e-cig supplies?

I'm going camping on Saturday and really really need a car-charger for my 510/Tornado batteries. I placed an order with my regular e-tailer (Electronic-Ash), with a note in the "Special Instructions" begging and pleading that they fill the order ASAP with expedited shipping, but I think there's a pretty good chance it'll arrive after I leave.

Does there exist anywhere in New York City a store where I could just walk in and buy one (and some e-liquid while I'm at it)?

-Mike

PS. I know I don't use this board often, but I've been here almost a year and swear I'm not a spam-bot or shill. Can I please get posting access outside of the Newbie area?

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Does anyone know of a physical brick-and-mortar store in NYC that sells e-cig supplies?

I'm going camping on Saturday and really really need a car-charger for my 510/Tornado batteries. I placed an order with my regular e-tailer (Electronic-Ash), with a note in the "Special Instructions" begging and pleading that they fill the order ASAP with expedited shipping, but I think there's a pretty good chance it'll arrive after I leave.

Does there exist anywhere in New York City a store where I could just walk in and buy one (and some e-liquid while I'm at it)?

-Mike

PS. I know I don't use this board often, but I've been here almost a year and swear I'm not a spam-bot or shill. Can I please get posting access outside of the Newbie area?

Hello fellow NYer. Long Island (but barely) right back atcha. =) I don't know of a brick and mortar in Manhattan. MyVaporStore is in Maspath or Ozone Park, Queens. I'm not sure if they offer pick-up service though. E-liquid Planet may be of some help toward that end, but you'd have to come out to Long Island. They definitely do pick-ups though.

But Mike, all you really need is a USB adapter that plugs into your car's cigarette lighter port, no? I'm presuming you have an eGo fast charger?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2963871

Last edited:

IsenMike

Jul 26, 2009
New York, NY
Hello fellow NYer. Long Island (but barely) right back atcha. =) I don't know of a brick and mortar in Manhattan. MyVaporStore is in Maspath or Ozone Park, Queens. I'm not sure if they offer pick-up service though. E-liquid Planet may be of some help toward that end, but you'd have to come out to Long Island. They definitely do pick-ups though.

But Mike, all you really need is a USB adapter that plugs into your car's cigarette lighter port, no? I'm presuming you have an eGo fast charger?

Thanks for the heads-up about MyVaporStore. I'll look into them. How far from Manhattan is E-Liquid Planet? Long Island is the opposite direction from where I'm headed to go camping, but if it's not too far I could presumably drive out there Saturday before I leave town.

Unfortunately I don't have a USB charger. Since I started with 510's, I just got the 510 charger adapter when I ordered my Tornado batteries. If I could get one now that'd be great, but either way I would really need it by Saturday morning :unsure:

-Mike

IsenMike

Jul 26, 2009
New York, NY
Figured I'd leave an update here. I found the customer-service number for Electronic Ash in their supplier forum. Left them a message this morning, got a call back right away, and got Express guaranteed overnight shipping. Super awesome customer service!

So yeah, it's less pressing now that I find somewhere in NYC right-at-this-moment, though I am still curious if anyone else has any leads.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
So yeah, it's less pressing now that I find somewhere in NYC right-at-this-moment, though I am still curious if anyone else has any leads.

a) Glad to see the crisis has been averted.
b) Taras is a Prince.
c) please order yourself an eGo quick charger and a USB adapter so that this doesn't happen again (Geez, I sound like my Mom) LOL
d) if you need attys or liquid shoot me a PM and I'll meet you halfway between your place and mine...
e) have fun this weekend =)

IsenMike

Jul 26, 2009
New York, NY
Quick epilogue to my story: Got the order from Electronic-Ash in the mail today. (Thanks Taras!) Turns out I should have read the description for the car-adapter a bit closer, though. I though it was a charger, not just a power-supply adapter for a charger. I lost the basic 510 charger that came with my starter kit a few months ago, and haven't bothered to replace it since I've been using the TW 5-battery mega-charger. Said mega-charger, as it turns out, doesn't have any DC power input! :facepalm:

Oh well. So now I'm going to see if I can find an inexpensive power-inverter. Plan B is to see if they'll let me charge my cigs at the campground admissions office.

Anyways, thanks for all the help, guys. And thanks for the offer to meet me, Richie. I have a supply of attys and restocked on juice when I ordered the adapter, though, so I'm good. (At least the rush-shipping wasn't a total waste, right?)

Since I may be too busy with packing and last-minute errands to get back online tonight, and will be heading off into the wilderness as the crack of dawn tomorrow...
:headbang: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! :party:

blah4life

Mar 17, 2010
Manhattan

carto-mizer

Jun 2, 2011
NYC
In my neighborhood of Turtle Bay Manhattan NYC (near the UN) M&A Variety Store on 44th between 2nd and 3rd caries some Ego type kits and a small array of juice, City Smoke on 2nd ave btwn 45th and 46th also caries some Egos, cartos, juice and supplies and also some disposable type blister pack ecigs. The disposables are popping up all over the city, too bad as they give a bad impression of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread