Building my First Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippoz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2013
PNW
Hello all,

I've been lurking a long time, and have come to appreciate this forum, its members, and the vast amount of info available. Because I don't yet have enough posts for the modding forum, I'm posting here. Anyways, on with the post.

I'm interested in building a cylindrical mod out of aluminum tubing (have some kicking around) that just happens to fit 18365 (think that's right) series batteries with a bit of room. I want to make my mod a 2 cell, variable volt. I've been surfing around the madvapes site, and have found a laundry list of parts that I would like to incorporate, however these two are giving me issue:

1. Variable volt kit Variable Voltage Regulator Board Kit Rev 2
2. Voltage Readout Battery Voltage Indicator

I have run into a problem because madvapes is currently sold out of their vv kit, and to be honest I'm really not sure how to piece one together. I have decent experience soldering (modding xboxes) and I don't believe that part will be a problem. However, circuit diagrams are totally greek to me and I'm clueless as to what they mean. There is only about 4 parts in the circuit, so I should be able to figure it out, but I don't want to fry my $$ if I don't have to.

The other problem I have, is that this voltage readout thing is kinda confusing looking. It seems to be for hobby LiPo batteries, with hookups for each cell. I'm guessing that it normally takes a reading from each individual cell, then gives an average. What in the world do I do with this if I just want it wired in parallel with the firing circuit to tell me my current voltage?? Do I just hook up the ground and a lead to pin 1? :blink:

Finally, does anyone know where I could get some of these components locally other than radio hack? I try not to set foot in that place if I don't have to.

If any fellow modders can help me with these issues, it would be greatly appreciated.

Zippoz

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. What is your opinion on protection features, such as short-circuit/overdraw/overdrain?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread