burnt atty on ego-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
Ok I am so glad I bought the catomizers when I ordered my ego-T. Just got it today, and I did get 2 LR atomizers, I filled the tank and got 2 good draws then burnt, burnt, burnt, thought it was a bad atty so switched to the other LR to good draws then burnt, burnt, burnt, put one the regular (not LR) and good flavor but poor vape but no burnt taste. I did blow out the attys first. Then I set it up on the LR 2.0 catomizer wow awsome. So any advice since I have 3 packs of tanks and 4 attys? I also have like 10 cartomizers. Hate I bought all the extra tank stuff.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
What PG/VG juice? Tank attys like the consistency of 30% or less VG and the LR atty will vaporize juice faster and have more need to be kept damp. In addition, tank attys may need their wicks adjusted somewhere between burnt and leaking (i.e. not enough and too much wicking) but first you need suitable juice. Then search Youtube for Ego-T wick and you should find a video showing how to adjust the wick.

I don't like attys. When they work they can't be beat but when they don't work they can be horribly frustrating. I don't use atomizers for any vaping that I depend on. I only use them at home for testing juices and occasionally vaping a couple of different or thicker juices by dripping. 98% of my vaping is cartomizers and 100% when not home.

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Ego T atties are usually pretty temperamental. Not too much you can really do for them but here's a few things to try out.

- If these are brand new T atomisers make sure there's no "primer" in them, blow them out well before first fill.

- Use thin liquids: the more pg in there the better.

- Once you have the ego T assembled with juice in the cartridge, give it a few short, sharp sucks through the moutpiece as it helps draw liquid into the atomier. You can suck through the mouthpiece any other time to help it wick though.

- Once it's filled for the first time or after you've blown it out, give it time to wick. It will need a good 20 minutes to soak liquid up.

- You can try to push the wick down inside the piercing straw. It's easier to push it down than take it back up so be careful about it. Little by little. Pushing it down means there's less wick to go through until it's reaching the atomiser.

- You can take a small needle and make a small hole in the wick, but as with pushing it down, do this little by little as it's not repairable once you've made a hole in it. You can either push the needle between the wick and the straw to give it breathing room or just make a hole close to the side of the straw rather than in the middle of the wick or you'll risk pushing the wick down instead of making a hole.

I have used ego T atomisers with vg before, I just got about 10 drags then had to leave it a few minutes which was a real chore. Wouldn't go back to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread