Burnt taste on pre-filled cartridges - toxic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIVAP2

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Eastern Canada
As soon as it is starting to have a burnt taste, I through the cartridge/atomizer away. I recommend you to do the same. I didn't find yet information on the toxicity of the -smoke- coming out a burning attomizer buy, I decided not to wait for the results. I doesn't taste good anyway.

Do not vape dry !

There are several threads in this forum concerning that matter. Here is one of them:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-510-kr808-4081-etc-filler-type-cartos-4.html

Also, this is one of my prefilled cartridge (E9 - Greensmoke) that started to have a burnt taste:

Burnt Greensmoke.jpg

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You mean cartomizer? Most cartomizers have cotton around the coil then poly around that. Keep them damp with suitably thin juice and they won't singe. ALL ways to vape if not kept damp will singe or burn or melt something. I use juices that are PG with 20% or less VG. I avoid all juices that seem to drop flavoring sediment (clogs cartos or attys, creates more charred residue).

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
I read about this a few weeks ago on this forum so I took 4 of my cartomizer apart and they were all burnt. Two of them were just taken out of the package and just vaped a few times. I did notice a crackling sound while vaping so I assuming thats when the burning occurred.

I also searched for info on this subject but didnt find any either.

In the future I will try what VIVAP2 said and don't vape dry and see if that resolves the problem.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
It is not always burnt stuffing - that only happens if you singe it. Just like if you stick any food in a pan and leave it on a hot burner, the food will darken and caramelize and then leave burnt residue on the pan. That does not mean the PAN burnt.

Also - if you didn't smoke you should not be vaping. When you smoked you inhaled carbon monoxide, tar, carcinogens, carpet glue and 4000 other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread