Burnt Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMickzy

Dec 10, 2015
Finland
Hello vapers! So lately my subox Nano has had a burnt taste after i used it when i was low on liquid and got dry hit. I added liquid and noticed i had burnt taste on it not dry hit but the liquid tastes like burnt. And so i replaced new coil and properly juiced it before use and yet it still tastes like burnt and it doesn't give the 'bubbling' sound anymore when taking a hit. Any ideas?

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
IME: Recently had a similar issue with a kanger aerotank. Replacing the coil helped but it was still awful. I rinsed the whole setup in warm water - including the coil - dried it out and added the same juice back into the tank and burnt taste disappeared.

Lesson learned (for me anyway) don't let the darn thing get too low on juice

xMickzy

Dec 10, 2015
Finland
IME: Recently had a similar issue with a kanger aerotank. Replacing the coil helped but it was still awful. I rinsed the whole setup in warm water - including the coil - dried it out and added the same juice back into the tank and burnt taste disappeared.

Lesson learned (for me anyway) don't let the darn thing get too low on juice
I see. I'll try to wash it soon later. But aren't some parts meant not to wash with water?

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
you can wash the whole tank. Just make sure it you dry it before putting it back on the devise.

A lot of people use mild soaps or alcohol. When I got the burn problem (it was the day before yesterday actually) I just used water.

There are many good youtube videos on how to do this if you need reassurance.

Just don't get the battery or the subox (I'm assuming it's a kanger kit?) wet.

xMickzy

Dec 10, 2015
Finland
you can wash the whole tank. Just make sure it you dry it before putting it back on the devise.

A lot of people use mild soaps or alcohol. When I got the burn problem (it was the day before yesterday actually) I just used water.

There are many good youtube videos on how to do this if you need reassurance.

Just don't get the battery or the subox (I'm assuming it's a kanger kit?) wet.
Yes, i always wash my tank with water and dry it with a cloth. I'll try cleaning it after i finish my tank.

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
Actually I singed a 1.2 ohm vertical OCC coil in a STM. Soaked it in rubbing alcohol for a few hours shaking gently a few times.
Then put on paper towel on a window sill and let it dry for several days and now it is fine.
Vaping on it as I type this.

Personal choice I suppose. I try to save and fix stuff I screw up because it not only saves money but I have to buy everything online - there are no vape shops within 300 miles of where I live. I've been caught high and dry waiting on stuff to come in the mail way too many times to be wasteful.

Frese

Dec 25, 2015
Silver Spring MD
Personal choice I suppose. I try to save and fix stuff I screw up because it not only saves money but I have to buy everything online - there are no vape shops within 300 miles of where I live. I've been caught high and dry waiting on stuff to come in the mail way too many times to be wasteful.

I bet it is tough to get anything in Valdez, especially vaping gear.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Actually I singed a 1.2 ohm vertical OCC coil in a STM. Soaked it in rubbing alcohol for a few hours shaking gently a few times.
Then put on paper towel on a window sill and let it dry for several days and now it is fine.
Vaping on it as I type this.

That is good to know. But rubbing alcohol is poison. Always use a good vodka, clear rum or similar.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
That is good to know. But rubbing alcohol is poison. Always use a good vodka, clear rum or similar.
Yep why I let it dry in the sun for several days. The alcohol evaporates.
I used to wash out esmart clearomizers and reuse them.
Could get a month or so out of a disposable clearomizer.

But yes PGA or everclear would be a better choice. But I gave away all my moonshine!

Also this was my first attempt to salvage a singed cotton coil. I was curious and surprised when it did work. I did not think it would.
I ad gone to the RBA decks in my Subtank MIni's and liked them better than the blister pack coils anyway. But I keep a couple handy when I do out just in case...
I keep an emergency kit in each vehicle. Juice, coil, tank, battery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread