Buying Advice Needed. HALP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikalares

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Kentucky USA
Okay. I have a Prodigy V1 and the original USB passthrough. I've always used penstyle attys. But this time I'm looking at maybe changing when I order. Can you guys give me some input on which atty is actually the best in your opinions. I'm leaning toward trying out the 510. Also, the Protege? Does it give any throat hit at all with the lower voltage? I like some. I'm not a 'need to cough and sputter to enjoy' type of guy, but I do like to feel it a little. I'm so confused by all the options. :w00t: I keep looking at my cart and changing things and looking and changing things. So, question is this: Protege or Prodigy V2 and which adapter.

Also, does the Protege adapter fit the old USB passthrough in case I switch to 510s? So I can use my new attys on my old passthrough that still works like a champ?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I used a penstyle 801 atomizer at 5v and 6v on the original Prodigy V1, and I continue to use the 801 Penstyle on the Prodigy V2 :) In terms of flavor and vapor, nothing beats it at higher voltages in my opinion :) If you are happy with the 801, stick with the 801 :)

If you got really used to 5v+ on the Prodigy V1, the Protege will seem *lacking* to you ... If the Prodigy V1 or USB Passthrough is a bit too much for you, the Protege may be just the ticket :)

And yes, Protege Adapters fit the old USB PT's ... Just make sure to be careful when threading Stainless Steel on Aluminum and vice versa. Protege and USB Pass V2 are both made out of stainless. Prodigy V1 and Old USB Pass are made out of aluminum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread