Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Nemesis is next up... in fact the proto's are already out.
I don't think any successful high end is NOT going to be cloned... that is, mainstream (including Pinoy of course) devices.

More obscure but good "high ends" might include a couple that i have currently: QZ1 and Dees Mod... both are great and I recommend them for quality. I doubt they will be cloned because they're just not that well known yet.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Have you considered?

Poldiac

attachment.php

Have fun
I

KFL...

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
Bagga, El Kapitan mod from Wu Tang.
King-Surefire
Brass Monkey- Standard Function (Soon to be release in a month or so).
Cronus, Titan- VHO
Those are only a few, I am sure there are plenty of others mod that haven't been clone but those are just off the top of my head.
The King mod has been cloned...
12149d1378201555-surefire-king-mod-hcigar-co-op-king10.jpg

Barton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Amherst, NY
Adam the Aussie:10585966 said:
Bagga, El Kapitan mod from Wu Tang.
King-Surefire
Brass Monkey- Standard Function (Soon to be release in a month or so).
Cronus, Titan- VHO
Those are only a few, I am sure there are plenty of others mod that haven't been clone but those are just off the top of my head.
View attachment 248456

Wow that was quick. Who cloned it ?

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
I think the point of wanting one that hasn't been cloned is since Hcigar and others are making EXACT copies of high-end mods complete with logos and all now there is a possibility you may pay top dollar in an auction setting and wind up with a clone instead of the original.

Not usually considered high-end, but IMO deserves to be is the REO. For ~$150 it's price is definitely higher end, and performance is awesome with it's feeding capability. There was a clone in the works months ago, but nothing so far has come of it. Also the Precise Plus series. Always great stuff from Super-T. Their ELA though is being cloned as we speak. Good luck matching the quality of that one though.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
The avenger V3 by edz modz is a high end pinoy mech that, to my knowledge, has not been cloned. It doesn't seem to be as common online as a lot of other mechs, so I'd bet you'll go a little while without anyone cloning it. All stainless obviously, telescopic, with copper contacts and a floating center pin. Performance is excellent.

edz1.jpg

Kyle Ezzio

Verified Member
I'm looking at a couple of the higher end mech mods that I can find right now. I found a Nemesis for sale I might go with that. I really like the Poldiac but I haven't been able to find one yet. I really like the collectors point of having stuff that is rare but I also want the performance from it because this is stuff I actually use. If I have a chi you and I see a bunch of people walking around with clones in my mind it kind of devalues it. Especially when these clones are being made with markings and even with the numbers on them.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
imo no mod is perfect... not that anyone said there is, but...

as i'm vaping with a high end mech, i realize its time to switch out batts; the vape is getting weak.

I use AW IMR's because i use sub ohms RBA's.

I load a fresh 18650 batt in and it doesn't fire. I immediately know that this one is a mm or 2 shorter so not making contact (that's why good high ends have telesopic or some kind of adjustable top contact).
Some good ones have 2 adjusters; one for the atomizer, and one for batt. I fiddle with it and we're up and running for a good tankful+.

The reason i have a couple Nem's is because I don't have to worry about the top cap... just take off the bottom cap, slide a batt in, rethread to snug, and done.

oh yeah, when i want to put it down, i don't have to lock it either; even with a genesis on top.

Drhookerman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the vaping world cause my job is kicking my ... right now.

imo no mod is perfect... not that anyone said there is, but...

as i'm vaping with a high end mech, i realize its time to switch out batts; the vape is getting weak.

I use AW IMR's because i use sub ohms RBA's.

I load a fresh 18650 batt in and it doesn't fire. I immediately know that this one is a mm or 2 shorter so not making contact (that's why good high ends have telesopic or some kind of adjustable top contact).
Some good ones have 2 adjusters; one for the atomizer, and one for batt. I fiddle with it and we're up and running for a good tankful+.

The reason i have a couple Nem's is because I don't have to worry about the top cap... just take off the bottom cap, slide a batt in, rethread to snug, and done.

oh yeah, when I want to put it down, I don't have to lock it either; even with a genesis on top.
Yeah I enjoyed my nemesis a lot, it is a very well built mod. Too bad there is the rival which is almost exactly like the nemesis minus 1 air hole.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the poldiac stock comes back very quickly, so does the roller stock at amizone. atmomixani is a little slower but its def worth it, anymore it is hard to trust an auction especially for the more common not so distinctive looking mods, the worst part is you usually end up paying more then buying it factory direct.

just about anything, the minute they see it is popular and will sell it is cloned.

(the qzi megatron is a really nice mod/hybrid forgot the hungarian site that sells em but like 270 for the mod in 18650 with a 510 top + a hybrid dripper and a hybrid geni top) almost always in stock

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm looking at a couple of the higher end mech mods that I can find right now. I found a Nemesis for sale I might go with that. I really like the Poldiac but I haven't been able to find one yet. I really like the collectors point of having stuff that is rare but I also want the performance from it because this is stuff I actually use. If I have a chi you and I see a bunch of people walking around with clones in my mind it kind of devalues it. Especially when these clones are being made with markings and even with the numbers on them.

But then the point of the mod is status and not function/performance/value/quality/price/construction.
I don't care what other people think unless I'm pretending to be like them so I can get something I want....

Thanks
I

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
oh hey i forgot about the best in my arsenal; the BBM Ti.
It had a button issue but that's been fixed. His Steam Punk is another but very hard to find.
Hard to clone the BBM Ti; after all its one of the only titanium devices...
Not to mention the MarkBugs Wizard Ti, but that has some electronics.
I am loving mine with the Changeling genesis topper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread