Can anyone tell me what this is exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justincase

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2009
33.98801111° N, 77.90895581° W
I received this cartomizer as a sample in an e-cig I purchased through alibaba. I tried contacting them, but they don't know because they just throw in a sample of whatever and don't keep track of what gets sent to who. They just make sure the order is correct and that it contains some type of sample.
This was also from about a year ago. I know things change quickly in the e-cig market, so I am just hoping someone knows what it is and can hopefully tell me where I may be able to purchase some or at least the "newest" model.

Thanks for any help.............................................

IMG_0455.jpg

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
It could be a CE2, but someone will correctly identify it shortly.

I received this cartomizer as a sample in an e-cig I purchased through alibaba. I tried contacting them, but they don't know because they just throw in a sample of whatever and don't keep track of what gets sent to who. They just make sure the order is correct and that it contains some type of sample.
This was also from about a year ago. I know things change quickly in the e-cig market, so I am just hoping someone knows what it is and can hopefully tell me where I may be able to purchase some or at least the "newest" model.

Thanks for any help.............................................

IMG_0455.jpg

justincase

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2009
As I said in my OP, I did try and contact the people I received it from. They can't tell me what my "sample" was, they can only tell me what I ordered.
I have been back on analogs for a little while now, but I remember liking it enough that I want to purchase some.
At the time I received it and tried it, I was direct dripping with a LR atty. I also remember that it had a stronger TH when it was completely full and tapered down as it emptied. Since I haven't vaped in a while, I don't think I will jump right back into an LR, as my set up was pretty heavy with a deep, strong TH. I'm sure I won't want that right away. Which is why I want these!

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
justincase:7960226 said:
Its a CE2 Cartomizer.

Is that what is still on the market or is there a CE3 now...(or even a 4 or 5 or...or.....lol)

Yes they still make them. There are different version CEs as well. Not entirely sure which versions perform the best. I know CE2 is top/mid coil and CE3 is usually bottom coil. Top coils give a warmer vape while bottoms you generally don't have.to.worry about wicking.

If you want to hold even more juice and have a device with ego threading you can look into a clearomizer (CE4) as well. There are adapters you can buy if all you have is a flush 510 connection too.

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
dejavoodoo:7960331 said:
Looks like this 3.5ml Vision Clearomizer Without the drip tip

I can't really tell if yours is the larger or smaller?

I just picked up a couple and modded them. Looks the same

That's a lot bigger than what the OP is holding BUT that style clearo would allow to carry more juice without needing a device or adapter to fit ego threading.

The newer more popular clearomizers have the ego type a cone shape. That one is basically an oversized CE2 Cartomizer. That's why it holds 3.5 ml of juice.

Zeybrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Ft. Gibson
Oh man, that picture brings back some memories. I remember when I had my run with those. The vape was AWESOME.. when they WORKED. Wicking was horrible and there were tons of videos on how to make them work better. I gave up on them because they were fragile like an infants spine. One wrong move and they cracked, spilling juice all over everything. Same with clear dual coils of old.

justincase

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2009
Top coil, bottom coil, flsh 510 threading.....jeesh, I have been out of this for to long.............lol.
I have no idea what any of that means so for me I guess I will just order some new drippers atties and just use the one CE2 thingy I have to get myself right back on the old bandwagon. I don't have an Ego, but I do know I have a 510. I'm not real sure if my battery preference was to popular or whether or not it is even still available. Just a simple vv. Still available from my supplier though. When I get down to one battery, I just order a few kits.

IMG_0458.jpg

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Yeah, that looks to be a CE2-type clearomizer, but not quite like any I've seen. I got most of mine from My Freedom Smokes, and they were Royal Smokers brand at that time, which was considered to be THE brand for those. I don't know what ever happened with those, but it seems that the Vision brand has dominated the clearomizer market since then.

GotVapes does have that style, as well as many other evolutions of that, such as their Phoenix (CE3) bottom coil version, and their Stardust (CE4) larger top coil design. I mention them mainly because they jumped heavily on the clearomizer track, and have lots of them. Many other sites also do, but often with less variety. Discount Vapers has an interesting collection of clearomizers as well.

If you liked the CE2, chances are fairly good that you'd like the CE4 or CE5 (replaceable head) styles. Or the Vivi Nova, which is a bigger tank version of the replaceable-head CE5.

The CE2s are still around, but have mostly been surpassed by those other models in popularity, so aren't as readily available anymore.

Things have been moving fast this past year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread