Can you recommend a good juice that can give a "nicotine buzz"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
I smoke Marlboro Light Menthol and really enjoy the "first cigarette in the morning" buzz. I hope vaping can recreate that feeling, or partially so then I can quit smoking.

After getting feedbacks from members of this forum, I decided to purchase the Ego C Twist and the Vivi Nova tank as my initial set up. I hope you guys can give me some advice on which juices to get. As I understand, that buzz we get from cigarette is due to the nicotine (although some say it's due to the carbon monoxide), but I'm guessing nicotine plays a big part. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that higher nicotine level (such as 36 mg) juice might be the way to go for someone like me.

However, I understand that juice is subjective and it's going to take some trial and error to find out which one I like. But based on my browsing of the forum, I have so far the following candidates:

Freedomsmokeusa's Pure Cig

36mg Chocolate Hazelnut by VaporGod

Gorilla juice

36 mg juice from Halo

Any other comments and recommendations? I would love to know if anyone here gets that buzz, and what juice they are using. Thanks

BTW, I plan to buy multiple juices to start trying, so perhaps it'll be a good idea to purchase several tanks as well?

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
that buzz you may notice at first when vaping but its you taking on too much nicotine... also i never recommend a new vaper or any vapor using 36mg nicotine as its very dangerous. 24mg max is what anyone should need, and 36 is recommended for mixing down to a lower desired nic level.

Many people need 36 mg to get off cigarettes.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
Myself, I've never got a buzz from vaping, but then again I never do from smokes either. I have some 36mg for dripping when I feel the need and 24mg in my Vivi Nova. If were you I'd get a dripping atomizer (I'm using a LR 306) and a drip tip for first thing in the morning. Then fill your Nova with 24mg for the rest of the day. I have 2 Novas, one for my menthol and one for my RY8. Gonna get a third for backup. Still looking for a third flavor to add to the rotation.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
If you smoked Marlboro lights then you do not need 36mg. I smoked Marlboro Milds (stronger than lights) and started at 30mg and it was more than strong enough for me and am now using 24mg which is about perfect. I'm also using an Ego so 24mg should be sufficient for you...

exactly i started on 8mg and was a 2pad red's smoker, 3 pad if i went out drinking. quickly realized 8mg wasn't enough and went up to 16mg and was ok... now i use any where from 12mg to 24mg depending on my mood and what im doing as well. i don't see the need for anything stronger then that. yes there are times that even 24mg doesn't seem good enough(when beyond drunk) but all i do is vape a little longer and it all goes away soon enough.

also i have been vaping long enough(2 years) to know when im nearing that awful too much nic level and to put it down for a bit. most newbs wont have the same ability as that comes with time, and risk getting nic sick even with a low mg. this is why i would never recommend 36mg to someone new for their sake.

its better to use more of a lower nic at stressful times then to use less of a higher nic at stressful times

jim829

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Owensboro, KY
i've got a tank of 30mg i hit from time to time (it's a unique flavor that i don't want to cut), but i chain vape pretty heavy and i have to switch to the 6mg almost immediately. sometimes i even cut my 6mg with a little vg. i was a 2pad red smoker as well, but all this vaping at around 18 (usual max) has certainly lessened my dependancy. the 18mg worked for me when i switched from the cowboys and roll me owns.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I had a friend who kept saying she hated that first cig in the morning, it made her feel like she had 20 lbs of weight on her shoulders. I thought she was nuts, but after I had been vaping a couple mos I decided to try a cig with my coffee in the am just to see if I still liked it. I now know what she was talking about.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
BZZZTTT!!!! WRONG!!! Or at least it's a non sequitir.

You have to let go of this assumption you have that vaping is the same thing as smoking. It isn't the same, will never be the same, and simply cannot be the same.

The fast rush you get off a cigarette has to do with the method by which you get your nicotine, carbon monoxide and all the other 3,000+ chemicals going on: You are burning stuff and inhaling smoke into your lungs. That process moves chemicals into your blood stream very quickly.

With vaping the nicotine absorption is going on via the mucous membranes in your mouth and nasal passages. It is a much slower process to get nicotine into your system this way. Anyone who has used nic-o-gum or the Nicotrol inhaler is all too familiar with the delayed "gratification" you get from these products. So by the time you experienced any kind of nicotine "buzz" from vaping you have probably ingested waaayyy too much nicotine. Putting the PV down at that point doesn't get the resultant sensations to go away immediately either.

That all being said if you do experience any cravings, we all go through it and the cravings lessen for most of us quite rapidly. (Compared to conventional things people use to quit smoking.) If you find mornings are especially hard for you - and you won't even know until you try this out - sure, that would be the time of day to use a higher nicotine level. I did early on but the highest I ever went was 30 mg. And only for bad craving fits. I don't use any 30 mg stuff now. 36 mg is very high and it seems only people with very hard core cravings or very heavy smoking habits ever need to go there.

But if you are expecting to get a buzz from vaping that will imitate smoking in this way - it just won't. You could make yourself sick trying to get there. The more common noob approach to this problem is you need to learn to use your PV frequently enough at the right nic level, rather than using it in a hit and miss pattern and expecting a high nic level to make up for insufficient or infrequent vaping.

Last edited:

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
I think a lot of the smoking buzz is due to lack of oxygen to the brain and you shouldn't get that with vaping (which is a good thing... brains need oxygen!). you might want to try what others here have suggested and start the day with a 24mg (or maybe more) to get those early morning cravings taken care of, then use maybe an 18mg throughout the day. much luck to you!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
BZZZTTT!!!! WRONG!!! Or at least it's a non sequitir.

You have to let go of this assumption you have that vaping is the same thing as smoking. It isn't the same, will never be the same, and simply cannot be the same.

3,000+ chemicals going on: You are burning stuff and inhaling smoke into your lungs. That process moves chemicals into your blood stream very quickly.

With vaping the nicotine absorption is going on via the mucous membranes in your mouth and nasal passages. It is a much slower process to get nicotine into your system this way. Anyone who has used nic-o-gum or the Nicotrol inhaler is all too familiar with the delayed "gratification" you get from these products. So by the time you experienced any kind of nicotine "buzz" from vaping you have probably ingested waaayyy too much nicotine. Putting the PV down at that point doesn't get the resultant sensations to go away immediately either.

That all being said if you do experience any cravings, we all go through it and the cravings lessen for most of us quite rapidly. (Compared to conventional things people use to quit smoking.) If you find mornings are especially hard for you - and you won't even know until you try this out - sure, that would be the time of day to use a higher nicotine level. I did early on but the highest I ever went was 30 mg. And only for bad craving fits. I don't use any 30 mg stuff now. 36 mg is very high and it seems only people with very hard core cravings or very heavy smoking habits ever need to go there.

But if you are expecting to get a buzz from vaping that will imitate smoking in this way - it just won't. You could make yourself sick trying to get there. The more common noob approach to this problem is you need to learn to use your PV frequently enough at the right nic level, rather than using it in a hit and miss pattern and expecting a high nic level to make up for insufficient or infrequent vaping.

Excellent. Absolutely brilliant.:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

To the Original Poster: Don't forget the reason you took up vaping. It was to quit the cancer sticks, right? Vaping provides an alternative nicotine delivery system and replicates the behavioral actions of smoking analogs, but it will never actually replicate a tobacco burning experience. Won't happen. Can't happen. Don't look for it. It's like searching for the Holy Grail.

Well, we all know it's a Provari. But that's another thread. :p

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I smoked about 1.5 PAD of Marlboro menthols, which I think are about 18mg, maybe more. I vape 12mg. My reasoning was this: if at 12mg I was still craving nic, I would vape a little more often, because if I started at 18mg it would satisfy the craving for awhile, but then I would want more and have to go higher. I'm an addict.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Another thing that people need to let go of, is that the mg rating has some correlation to when they were smoking. For the same reasons that a real buzz isn't really attainable. Everyone is different. Different absorption rates, the different ways people inhale, etc... There are vapors that smoked ultralights and need 24mg to kick the habit, and there are vapers that smoked 3 pad full flavors and kicked the cigs with 12mg...

I was a 1pad marlboro red smoker, and I couldn't get rid of the cravings without 36mg... After a couple months I was able to step down to 24mg, and heck, a year and a half later, I just switched to 18mg last month...

Use the mg rating as a rough guideline to start with, but if you cant seem to kill the craving, don't be ashamed to step up. 36mg is just as safe as 24mg as long as you aren't chain vaping. That having said, I would say that going beyond 36mg is getting into the danger zone. However I know there are at least a handful of vapers on this forum that vape 60mg. They like that they can take a couple puffs, and put it down for a while, instead of the constant need to puff on it.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Ok, I bought a few samples from VaporGod. Is that a good supplier of juice?

Also, what is a "drip setup" when talking about vaping? Is the Vivi Nova (that I ordered) considered a "drip setup"?

One more thing, I notice that the Vivi Nova I ordered has a capacity of 3.5 ml, is that enough to last a day? I was a PAD smoker. Thanks

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Ok, I bought a few samples from VaporGod. Is that a good supplier of juice?

Also, what is a "drip setup" when talking about vaping? Is the Vivi Nova (that I ordered) considered a "drip setup"?

One more thing, I notice that the Vivi Nova I ordered has a capacity of 3.5 ml, is that enough to last a day? I was a PAD smoker. Thanks

A dripping setup would be a standard atomizer, with a drip tip instead of the cartridge. You drip a few drops of liquid into the atomizer, and vape about 4-5 drags, then drip some more. It's the best way to get the best flavor. A Vivi Nova is a tank setup.

You can't really go by how much you smoked... It will only take a couple days to figure out how much liquid you go through. Most people average about 3mL/day on a normal setup.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
You can't really go by how much you smoked... It will only take a couple days to figure out how much liquid you go through. Most people average about 3mL/day on a normal setup.

I smoked 55 years, the last 20 of them 2 cartons a week. Pall Mall Reds for the last few years, Marlboro Reds before that and Pall Mall straights for a LONG time.

When I got my first juice I bought 16mg. It was too strong and made me nic sick. I cut it down to 12 and was good for a few months and then I started getting the same reaction. Cut down again to 9mg. I've been vaping a year and a half so I'd say the 16 to 12 to 9 occupied the first 6 months. Then I dropped to 6mg. At this writing I'm vaping at 4mg. I usually have 3 or 4 flavors going at one time, my tastebuds get bored easily. I probably go through 6 ml a day if I'm home and not doing much. Less if busy with stuff. I know I vape a lot more with nothing to do or occupy my hands.

Here I plan to stay after reading the nic research going on. I feel good at this level, have no cravings and can vape as much or as little as I like and not get nic sick. I use carto tanks a lot for convenience, a Reo Grand when driving distances and drip at home when the mood strikes me and I'm not busy doing other things with my hands.

YMMV

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I smoked 55 years, the last 20 of them 2 cartons a week. Pall Mall Reds for the last few years, Marlboro Reds before that and Pall Mall straights for a LONG time.

When I got my first juice I bought 16mg. It was too strong and made me nic sick. I cut it down to 12 and was good for a few months and then I started getting the same reaction. Cut down again to 9mg. I've been vaping a year and a half so I'd say the 16 to 12 to 9 occupied the first 6 months. Then I dropped to 6mg. At this writing I'm vaping at 4mg. I usually have 3 or 4 flavors going at one time, my tastebuds get bored easily. I probably go through 6 ml a day if I'm home and not doing much. Less if busy with stuff. I know I vape a lot more with nothing to do or occupy my hands.

Here I plan to stay after reading the nic research going on. I feel good at this level, have no cravings and can vape as much or as little as I like and not get nic sick. I use carto tanks a lot for convenience, a Reo Grand when driving distances and drip at home when the mood strikes me and I'm not busy doing other things with my hands.

YMMV

Wow! You are doing great! I'm finally comfortable at 18mg. 12mg and lower lacks the throat hit I need, although I hope to step down to that soon... On the bright side, with 18mg I can actually vape a bit and sit it down for a while instead of chain vaping, so I feel like I'm on my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread