Can't Get an Ounce of Throat Hit on My RDA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ar7k

Aug 24, 2014
Nowhere
Hello.

I am new here and, I just wanted to ask some tips and advice on my rda.

I am new to mechanical mods and RDAs, but I managed to build some-what so-so coil builds using organic cottons, and for the first 2 weeks, it was fine.

But recently, I received my new RDA, so I setup a coil and wick, and was having a good time vaping until recently, where I couldn't get a single ounce of throat hit as well as taste, just a lot of vapor. This was frustrating me to no end, so I went back to my first RDA and for some reason, same thing. No throat hit or taste, just lot of clouds.

I have heard that I need to twist the cap on the RDA to align the airhole next to my coils, but no matter how many time times I twist it to every degree possible, I can't get the strong throat hit I once had before.

I would EXTREMELY appreciate it if someone can help me out here so that I can get my throat hit fix.

Thank you and have a good day.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
There are a couple of variables that affect TH. Higher PG, Higher heat (lower ohms) and higher nicotine content. Increase any one and you will get more TH.

Not experiencing any flavor is what is termed "Vapor's Tongue". Most beginners experience this. Your taste buds have essentially gotten used to the flavor you are vaping and are "immune" to it. It will subside with time. I experienced it for a couple of days after I started vaping but don't anymore. Although I do vape different flavors throughout the day to try and avoid it.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread