Can't Get Clouds.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I don't know if I just don't have enough battery or what but I can't get what I consider clouds of vapor. Nothing even close to what that Rip Trippers dude does.
I have a kayfun 3.1 with a 1.5 ohm micro coil. 10 wraps with .32 Ga and I use 100% VG-homemade stuff. I either use an eVic or my eGo-V V3. I would think 6v on a 1.5ohm coil is plenty.

Any advice?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
When watching videos always remember they deliberately film with lighting and background to make clouds look more impressive.

If you want a test of how lighting matters use the same device/topper/setup/juice and vape in bright sunlight. Then later vape at night in front of the TV with all other lights out. The vapor production is actually about the same it just looks MUCH bigger in the dark by TV light.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Yeah that's my point. That's way too hot so I know it not the power issue.
I am 100% VG, I just feel that's the safest vape for health reasons.
Don't get me wrong, I am often making my wife waiver her hands to clear the vape lol but his amount of vapor just seems incredible. Not sure my lungs could even handle that much at a time.

AlexanderJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
North NJ
Could be the way you draw and inhale(mouth vs lung), the airflow, and he definitely uses lighting to his advantage as mentioned above...I'd say just be happy with what you get if it satisfies you. Also, watch how cloud chasers exhale, they usually do it gently to not spread the cloud but keep it all thick and condensed.

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
I use to wonder why I didnt get clouds either. Thing that help me:

- In addition to lighting there is also the air flow of the room you are in. My living room has 19 foot ceilings and has a lot of air flowing in it. In my bathroom my clouds are always thicker especially if the AC and heat are not on.

- Get an RDA preferably with adjustable air flow

- Lung hits with a airy draw.

- Since I use mechs, a .5 dual coil

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
I didnt read all the posts on here so ill prob be repeating some people but here is my list why
-The Kayfun doesnt have much airflow for big clouds i recommend drilling out the airhole! you will love it on this video check out the first part i hit my kayfun drilled out then my buddy hits his that is normal you can see the difference and that was with a 1.4 ohm coil. I get more vapor now with my .8 micro coil build on my mech. How To Drill The Air Hole On a Kayfun!!! - YouTube

-There lighting helps and no airflow in the room like the heat running or a fan on.
-You also cant put the awesome hard hitting coils on a kayfun. if you can you cant wick them like you can on a dripper.
-Get a wide wide wide bore drip tip again the more airflow as possible the more vapor!

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I don't know if I just don't have enough battery or what but I can't get what I consider clouds of vapor. Nothing even close to what that Rip Trippers dude does.
I have a Kayfun 3.1 with a 1.5 ohm micro coil. 10 wraps with .32 Ga and I use 100% VG-homemade stuff. I either use an eVic or my eGo-V V3. I would think 6v on a 1.5ohm coil is plenty.

Any advice?

10 wraps with 32g kanthal shouldn't come out to 1.5ohm. Are you sure it is 32g?

To be honest, 28g really does produce a better vape in my opinion than 30-32g.

I started building coils using 32g. A few weeks ago, I switched to 30g so that I could use the same wraps, but have lower ohms. Then, about a week ago, I went down further to 28g....and I couldnt BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE.

Not only is 28g a million times easier to work with and build micro coils with, but the thicker diameter has a direct and observable difference regarding the quality of the coil. Using 28g, I find the coils glow more evenly, and produce a much 'stronger' vape.

If you are rebuilding pro tank/evod coils, then 32g is the best. If you are rebuilding something like kayfuns, 28g is MUCH better.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
I was thinking that myself, 10 wraps of 32 would put you at 2+ohms easy unless you wrapped around something super thin. That being said, the Kafun devices do not produce clouds but rather a satisfying amount of vapor with very good flavor. Even with the airflow open as wide as it will go there simply isn't enough airflow possible to produce big clouds.

Kafuns are what they are: quite possibly the best tank/RBA on the market that give great topper. Try the direct lung inhale and you will get much better flavor as well as boost your vapor.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
10 wraps with 32g kanthal shouldn't come out to 1.5ohm. Are you sure it is 32g?

To be honest, 28g really does produce a better vape in my opinion than 30-32g.

I started building coils using 32g. A few weeks ago, I switched to 30g so that I could use the same wraps, but have lower ohms. Then, about a week ago, I went down further to 28g....and I couldnt BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE.

Not only is 28g a million times easier to work with and build micro coils with, but the thicker diameter has a direct and observable difference regarding the quality of the coil. Using 28g, I find the coils glow more evenly, and produce a much 'stronger' vape.

If you are rebuilding pro tank/evod coils, then 32g is the best. If you are rebuilding something like kayfuns, 28g is MUCH better.

You're absolutely right, I used .32 forever and switched to .28 and just typed that out of old habit.

rawr

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
I have a Kayfun 3.1 with a 1.5 ohm micro coil. 10 wraps with .32 Ga and I use 100% VG-homemade stuff. I either use an eVic or my eGo-V V3. I would think 6v on a 1.5ohm coil is plenty.

Any advice?

Maybe you use too much cotton? I get plenty of vapor from similar coil with 50/50 juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread