Can't put your arms round a memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I could do the same about the rest of canada + the usa but i'll stop here since it's useless and a complete waste of time. I just feel like i'm being judge because i'm from quebec in this thread so won't say anything else other than keep vaping folks that's the only thing we do have in common.

Reactions: listopencil

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I could do the same about the rest of canada + the usa but i'll stop here since it's useless and a complete waste of time. I just feel like i'm being judge because i'm from quebec in this thread so won't say anything else other than keep vaping folks that's the only thing we do have in common.

If it helps any I took the comment as a dig against an interfering government rather than against you personally. I do the same thing when talking about "Commie-fornia" or "the People's Republic of Kalifornia" when I'm griping about where I live. I wouldn't judge you based solely on the laws of your location because I know that an individual has very little say in the process.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I still think it's dumb to think a restaurant or any other places should have to close in order to have another one takes it's place and have "regulations" to not vape inside.

You missed the point or misunderstand how free market works.
The choice of how to run a business belongs to the owner.
The choice of where to spend money belongs to the customer.
Its a symbiotic relationship where both parties have have equal control.
Government intervention only hinders freedom of choice, and treats citizens as children, unable to decide for themselves.
(This is comically hypocritical, as the government is made up of these very same citizens.)

I for one hate when someone blows vapor in my face.

So do I, but you cannot legislate morality or manners.

That said, why do you want to visit a Privately owned business where the owner allows people to act that way? Sounds like a very agressive atmosphere to me.

I spend my money where I want.
If I dont like a business, I dont go.
I dont care what other people do inside businesses I don't enter, as it doesn't affect me.

Public facilities/ government buildings, public transportation, etc I can totally agree with regulating vaping, smoking, drinking, contraband, gambling, broadswords, or whatever...

But not in a privately owned business.

Again, Im yet to see a current modern government that can balance a damn checkbook.
Good honest business doesn't seem to be their strong suit, or their agenda.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
If it helps any I took the comment as a dig against an interfering government rather than against you personally. I do the same thing when talking about "Commie-fornia" or "the People's Republic of Kalifornia" when I'm griping about where I live. I wouldn't judge you based solely on the laws of your location because I know that an individual has very little say in the process.

Hehe I call it the DPRKalifornia too.
I live in SoCal.

And yep, it is bizzaro world, more restrictive than Canada on most things and our state govt is much much more corrupt.

Reactions: listopencil

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Hehe I call it the DPRKalifornia too.
I live in SoCal.

And yep, it is bizzaro world, more restrictive than Canada on most things and our state govt is much much more corrupt.

Oh, that's right, I looked up Salton Sea when I saw it as your location. I enjoyed the movie 'The Salton Sea' and remembered it when I saw that. I live in NorCal, way up in the ag area. We think of SoCal as almost like a different country that we are unfortunately connected to. See; you live in the DPRK and I live in the PRK. It's Bizarro World Korea.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
There's 1 law i support here about e-cigs
The no vaping inside public spaces (buses,grocerie stores,movie theaters etc) Mostly because not everyone wants to smell or see your big ... clouds and i'm in those people i don't wanna go into places to just see vapor everywhere it's annoying and unrespectful imho to those who don't vape or smoke.

Otherwise if our dear government would prohibit vaping as a whole...... I'm pretty sure i'd die 0.0

@Bad Ninja where do i speak about corruption or private buisiness and all that jazz ? Oh wait i didn't all i did is agree with no vaping in PUBLIC spaces and yes i include restaurants because dosen't matter who owns it it's public, anyone can enter and exit. You failed to get my point since the start i didn't speak about free market since it had nothing to do with the subject. I was stating an opinion and you decided to blow this out of proportion for nothing.

But if you wanna speak government yes they're corrupt all of em are anyway
Freemarket is a choice but dosen't mean you get to do whatever you want that's why laws exists and they always will be because ...... keep pushing governments to act so blame those instead.

Again my point had nothing to do with any of this and was blown WAY out of proportion. All because i agree about public space vaping ? So don't get over here and say i don't get your point when it just seems you didn't even bother to read my post. If you wanted to ADD to it you should've said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread