Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
OSDIY sells 1 oz (30ml) bottles of just about anything they carry. Around $5 and a flat $5.25 for shipping. :thumb:

Great prices, just not very many flavors, and not many of them would be ones I think I'd use. Too bad, because I like their prices! I mean, only $30 for a whole PINT? Geddoudaheeeeere! LOL!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Great prices, just not very many flavors, and not many of them would be ones I think I'd use. Too bad, because I like their prices! I mean, only $30 for a whole PINT? Geddoudaheeeeere! LOL!
Lets see I have used about 50ml of CAP V1 custard in 8 months so a pint would last me....
I think it would be aged like Jack Daniels black label before could use it all.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Lets see I have used about 50ml of CAP V1 custard in 8 months so a pint would last me....
I think it would be aged like Jack Daniels black label before could use it all.

I think I could go through a pint each of vanilla cupcake and sweet strawberry in no time at all. ;)

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I think I could go through a pint each of vanilla cupcake and sweet strawberry in no time at all. ;)
I mic CAP VC1 at 4%. I would do the maths but it makes my head hurt.
A pint is like 16 oz I think, that is a lot.
I use 1 ml of flavoring per 1 oz of 50/50.
I pint = ~473 ml so I could make 473 fluid oz of juice. that is close to 4 gallons of juice for me.... Now my head hurts....

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

Except for the bonus of buying 30 ml bottles of Capella's the OSDIYS prices are not as good as most other vendors, they are clearly higher .

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I mic CAP VC1 at 4%. I would do the maths but it makes my head hurt.
A pint is like 16 oz I think, that is a lot.
I use 1 ml of flavoring per 1 oz of 50/50.
I pint = ~473 ml so I could make 473 fluid oz of juice. that is close to 4 gallons of juice for me.... Now my head hurts....

I'm so sorry, Sir Robert, here, let me get you a cold cloth for your headache... ;) Let's see, 4 gallons? I dunno, that might last me a year. I hate maths, too. LOL!

Except for the bonus of buying 30 ml bottles of Capella's the OSDIYS prices are not as good as most other vendors, they are clearly higher .

OK, well, obviously, I missed something then. :oops: I didn't see Capella's on their site, just "blueberry," "blue raspberry," etc. generic flavor names. I'm always in a hurry, so maybe I should go back there when I have some time and dig a bit deeper.

~Lannie

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I'm so sorry, Sir Robert, here, let me get you a cold cloth for your headache... ;) Let's see, 4 gallons? I dunno, that might last me a year. I hate maths, too. LOL!

OK, well, obviously, I missed something then. :oops: I didn't see Capella's on their site, just "blueberry," "blue raspberry," etc. generic flavor names. I'm always in a hurry, so maybe I should go back there when I have some time and dig a bit deeper.

~Lannie

Go to "flavorings and click on the different flavor makers , LorAnn's , FlavorArt , TPA etc... they seem to list whats available by a "drop down menu" which is not my favorite.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Go to "flavorings and click on the different flavor makers , LorAnn's , FlavorArt , TPA etc... they seem to list whats available by a "drop down menu" which is not my favorite.

Oh, thank you, I'll do that. I just clicked on the size first, then there was a drop-down of generic flavors available for each size. I'll go look for the brands next time. :)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Oh, thank you, I'll do that. I just clicked on the size first, then there was a drop-down of generic flavors available for each size. I'll go look for the brands next time. :)

I don't like how the site is setup , it's hard for me to find stuff , wish they just showed all of whats available on one page. They list Capella 13 ml flavors for $2.75 while Bull City has them for $2.50 , the 4 oz flavorings of most are looking to be in the $15.00+ range .

Bull City and Wizard has 4 oz bottles of most for $12.00+

I notice some vendors, (not flavoring vendors yet), unfortunately are now offering free 5 to 7 day shipping and i really hope that trend continues because it's the shipping that usually prevents me from ordering .

Reactions: Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I don't like how the site is setup , it's hard for me to find stuff , wish they just showed all of whats available on one page. They list Capella 13 ml flavors for $2.75 while Bull City has them for $2.50 , the 4 oz flavorings of most are looking to be in the $15.00+ range .

Bull City and Wizard has 4 oz bottles of most for $12.00+

I notice some vendors, (not flavoring vendors yet), unfortunately are now offering free 5 to 7 day shipping and i really hope that trend continues because it's the shipping that usually prevents me from ordering .

Thanks for that, then I won't bother trying to find them at One Stop. I'll get the 30ml ones at WL. They actually are .50 cheaper on the 4oz bottles than BCV, too, so might as well get them all there. ;)

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Thanks for that, then I won't bother trying to find them at One Stop. I'll get the 30ml ones at WL. They actually are .50 cheaper on the 4oz bottles than BCV, too, so might as well get them all there. ;)

I am a big BVC fan and they get their stuff to me much faster than Wizard , i like both as they have very competitive pricing . There's always a few things that one carries while the other does not .

BVC doesn't carry LorAnn's for example

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I haven't used LA flavorings, just Capella, TFA, and FA so far, but I'm happy with all the ones I've tried. I really like BCV, too, and I hate to go and buy from someone else, but I can't afford to get all my flavors in 4 oz sizes. And BCV doesn't repackage, so that leaves WL, I guess.

You know, we've totally hijacked this thread. All the OP wanted to know was if Capella's was better than TFA because it cost more, and I guess YES, but there are perfectly good TFA flavors, too. There's probably a lot of them that are better than Capella's, but in my limited experience of only three flavor manufacturers, I rate Capella's right up there with Flavour Art.

@Nimaz are you still here? :)

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I haven't used LA flavorings, just Capella, TFA, and FA so far, but I'm happy with all the ones I've tried. I really like BCV, too, and I hate to go and buy from someone else, but I can't afford to get all my flavors in 4 oz sizes. And BCV doesn't repackage, so that leaves WL, I guess.

You know, we've totally hijacked this thread. All the OP wanted to know was if Capella's was better than TFA because it cost more, and I guess YES, but there are perfectly good TFA flavors, too. There's probably a lot of them that are better than Capella's, but in my limited experience of only three flavor manufacturers, I rate Capella's right up there with Flavour Art.

Yes, I am still around! I wasn't sure of the reasons in prices differences. Because I read many good reviews regarding the quality of Capella's flavor, I was wondering if it was the quality differences. Indeed, I am understanding that each flavor provider seems to have its specificity as mentioned above offering flexibility in their use. Capella for single flavoring, and TFA for combinations for example. I haven't try BVC or FA yet and I will most likely look into them. Some like Robert seem to have a broader tolerance to Capella flavors than for TFAs. Looking at Capella's website, they seem to emphases specific aspects of their flavors composition such as sweeteners usage, also providing a larger set of acetoin free flavors. I like that about Capella and won't mind paying more. I will certainly purchase small volumes of the same flavors from these different sellers, compare and choose for specific usage. I starting to pursue eliquid DIY a bit like cooking, and any bit of tricks in flavoring that one can share may end up in my plate... So keep going please.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

I have bought a few 30 ml repackaged CAP flavors from WL. No problems to report. I need to get a 30ml of vanilla Whipped Cream now that I think about it.
13 ml is too small and 4 oz is too big.
Of course buying the 13 ml bottles from BCV works out to about the same price. 26 ml for $5. WL sells in 10ml not 13 ml.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread