Status
Not open for further replies.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
unless your using an auto battery and you overfilled the carto so juice would drip into the battery ( if the carto is mouthpiece up) it won't make a difference, and even then an overfilled carto is probably going to drop into the battery at some point. i guess maybe gravity could have some affect and pull the juice closer to the mouth peice but i doubt it

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Carts and carto's are two different things. "Carts" being short for cartridges and "carto's" being short for cartomizers. If you have a fairly full cartridge and carry it mouthpiece up in your pocket AND have an auto battery, juice may leak into your battery and ruin it. I carry my DSE901 like that quite often and haven't had a problem but I take it out for a toke atleast once a minute. If I notice it has leaked, I wipe it all off first- including taking it apart and wiping the connections- before use. This isn't a problem if you use manual batteries as their ends are sealed and juice can't leak into them. Juice can however, leak all over them, coming out of the air holes, so be careful. Cartomizers don't have as much leakage as cartridges do.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
All auto batteries have a hole in the middle of the threaded end. Some manual batteries have a hole in the same place. Autos are more easily damaged by juice there because they are totally dependent on a drag sensor inside that hole and the drag sensor can get sticky or sluggish of juice gets on it or you can short and kill the battery. A manual with a hole in the end would need more juice inside to damage it but I am still careful with those. I try to carry mine cart or carto down. I don't use carts any more but when I did I always tried to keep it with the cart lower, even when I set it on a desk where I would lean it on something. With manuals + cartos I just lay them flat on the desk.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I always direct drip.
Use auto batt.
Carry loose in pocket.
One auto batt near 2 years old and still kicking.
Store mouthpiece down when possible.
RN-4081 batt eventually ruined from flooding in 2008.
Never had a M-40x auto batt fail from flooding; they are well sealed.
Sometime I drip pga into M40x auto batt till comes out small hole; M401 PT going on 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread