Carto tanks on epipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyrice

Jun 17, 2013
Texas
I've been wanting an epipe for quite some time, even before I upgraded from egos to my new zmax v5. I'm not crazy about cartos by themselves and atomizers provide great flavor but I don't want to have to drip a bunch if i'm using my epipe at the bar. I have recently gotten a liquinator carto tank for my zmax and like it a lot. I see some vendors sell a carto tank to go with their own epipes but I have no idea how well those work. It'd be great if I could use a skinny or short phiniac or similar carto tank on them. But I want to make sure I can before pulling the trigger on something from epipe mods. I wasn't sure if they would fit. I see phiniac also makes tanks covered in wood, but I think they may be too fat to look good on an epipe.

So i'm curious how many use carto tanks on their epipes? What brands are you using and on what epipe?

Thanks in advance.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas

dirtyrice

Jun 17, 2013
Texas
The main thing that makes me not want a dse 618 is it takes proprietary cartos right? I realize it has a 510 connection though so maybe i'm wrong? Personally I'd really like to purchase a bowl/switch from epipe mods throw a small carto tank and a nice sized stem on it. But I don't want to blow $125-$200 before knowing I can set it up that way.

Birddog

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Peyton, Colorado
Last night made me fairly unhappy with the carto tank on my 618. It was time to replace the carto, so I installed a new on. Now, on the bottom of the tank, there is a small tab, and on the carto that came with the tank, it had a slightly elongated hole, so that you could easily line it up, therefore making sure that it all works together.

Well, the replacement cartos all have a much smaller hole, and aren't matching up well. I was trying to unscrew it, and wound up dumping a full tank worth of juice. I'll have to use something to open that hole up more.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I can't afford those really nice, wooden epipe mods, but I could afford the Smok mod. Here it is with a Smok 3 ml carto tank attached to it. Vapes wonderfully, and feels good in my hand.

131027_0002.jpg

dirtyrice

Jun 17, 2013
Texas
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm single with no kids and a full time job, so I can spend the extra. Compared to the cost of a jazz (some of which are a little more expensive than the model I got) or king epipe which run around $80 I figured it was worth it. Also I try to buy american made whenever I can. This epipe will be my 2nd piece of made in Murica vape gear besides my liquinator tank. Admittedly most of the allure of an epipe for me is the look and feel so that is why I wanted a wood one and epm seems to have the most variety as far as style goes. In the picture they are using a tank which looks similar to a protank II, which I already have. Ordered some stems from another vendor since epm doesn't have much in stock. I'll be sure to post up a review when I get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread