Cartomizers / atomizers / tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ping

Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
South Dakota
First off i'd like to say i'm a proud new owner of a 5V GLV2 as of last week, and haven't had a single analog since!

I'm really loving the GLV2, the craftsmanship is amazing. I have been vaping for over a year now, I started back before cartomizers were as popular as they are now. I had a joye510 passthrough with a standard 510 atomizer that I used at night arround the house and smoked analogs throughout the day. The GLV gives such great vapor and TH it has made the analog cravings easy to deal with.

I had a question that may be related to the GLV or any higher voltage mod I thought maybe you guys could help with. I ordered a few cartomizers to use with my new GLV after seeing some posts on how they last several hours, but I have not had this result at all. I have filled it full using the spin method and I can at most get about 10 good "hits" off it before I get that burnt taste and have to top it off. Is this how they are supposed to work? Is the higher voltage just burning through more juice than the people who get 1/2 a day on one carto? I really don't see a point in putting 20 drops in a carto only to have to fill it up every hour, I may as well still be dripping into my atomizer and not wasting the 20 drops it takes to fill a carto.

I was also thinking about grabbing a tank system, but for now I am still looking for that all day juice flavor to fill it with, so until then i'll have to stick with the cartos.

Maybe in a few weeks the GLV3 feed system will be available for upgrading my GLV2 and I won't have to worry about any of this.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
The higher voltage will eat up your juice faster but it also depends on the juice you're using. I make sure my cartos are well saturated and while I've never counted the number of puffs I get before topping off, I know I get way more than ten before the flavor weakens & I need to top off.

Thinner juices like TopVapor Fried Apple from MadVapes seem to last longer than thicker juices like Snicker-doodle Cookies from Ms. T.'s Bakery but I don't think any of my cartos last a half-day on my 5v GLV. If I'm vaping heavily (which I usually do) it's more like 30 to 60 minutes for thin juices and 15 to 30 minutes for thick ones. The only time I could get a half-day out of a single carto was using a mega 510 manual cig-style and that burned through at least three fresh 510 mega batteries

Of course, the more times you refill a carto the less it wicks and the need to refill becomes more frequent.

Many GLV users do prefer tank systems for that reason but they're not pocket-friendly enough for me so until My GLV-3 arrives, I'll top off my cartos as needed.

Based on your comments, you might want to look into some tanks. Or order a GLV-3 for absolute vaping nirvana.

Ping

Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
South Dakota
A GLV3 is definitely on my want list. Will the GLV 2 fit into the "tank" part of the GLV3? In other words will I have to buy a complete GLV3 or will there be a upgrade option available for the GLV2.

In the next couple weeks the first round of GLV3's should be getting shipped out so hopefully there will be some reviews out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread