Cartomizers Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abzorbr

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Arizona, USA
So I recently purchased some pre-punched cartos from Ikenvape. I ordered 5-510 Mega Fusion LR and 5-510 Mega Platinum cartos. I found that the fusions just don't provide relatively any flavor and even the platinums just don't give the flavor I was expecting. I'm using 60/40 juice from mount baker Vapor and even after 2 weeks of steeping it's just not what I was hoping for.

My question is, what are the most highly praised pre-punched cartos out there right now? My other question is it just the juices I purchased that aren't giving much flavor or is it the cartomizers themselves? The flavors I purchased were Candy Cane, Chocolate Mint, and RY4.

Links and advice is greatly appreciated as always.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Were you vaping a juice you've never tried before? That is the first thing I would consider. I ordered the same types of IKenVapes that you did, because I too heard all the hype and wanted to check them out. The difference is I'm using my favorite juice, so knew what it should taste like. They are nice cartos, but not the unicorn I'd hoped for - for my purposes, not because I found them less flavorful. I suggested trying them with a juice you are familiar with.

Abzorbr

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Arizona, USA
I'm still relatively new to cartos and vaping in general and that's why I wanted to know if there was a general consensus or if it was just my personal experience. They were indeed all new juices to me. I have yet to find a juice that I can depend on, nor have I gotten a chance to really try what is out there just yet. Perhaps I can simply assume that these flavors are not what I'm looking for out of juice. I becoming ever increasingly aware that chocolate and coffee flavors just don't translate well. I think I'll venture into some fruit flavors/blends and possibly keep trying for a decent tobacco mix. Boba's Bounty is on my "to get" list.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
It's difficult to use cart tanks to try out new flavors. If you find you don't like them, or they need to steep longer, you've just wasted a carto and a tank full of juice (it's very difficult - if not impossible - to get flavors out of a carto, specially strong ones). Direct dripping is the most popular way to try new juices, since you're only trying a few drops at a time. When I don't feel like dripping I use these (they only hold 1.5ml of juice):

GotVapes PHOENiX™ Bottom Coil XL 1.5ml Cartomizer 2.6-2.8ohms [gv-PHOENIX-XL-2.6-510] - $11.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

They are actually CE3 XL clearomizers (why some vendors call them cartos is beyond me). Linked to gotvapes only because of the info. SteelJan has a very thorough review of them on youtube. Many people don't like them and have had leaking problems, but that hasn't been my experience. YMMV. I get generic CE3 XLs from Vapor's Choice. What I really like is that they come in a 5-pack.

Boba's Bounty is 100% vg, so keep that in mind when selecting delivery devices.

Last edited:

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread