CCC Mod (510 cartomizer/cart mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowbartool

Apr 19, 2010
bc canada
Ok so I tried like every mod from ptb to foam and they all work like half the time (ptb worked the best for me but had to refill too often still). Tried dripping and dipping, dont much care for either of those. Finally I ordered some 510 cartomizers and some 808d-1 cartomizers. These things are the BOMB on 510's! Flavor is awesome, smoke and TH is great.... but... refilling sux when the guy that made em glued all the effin end caps on! So anyways this is the simplest mod like ever and is imo the best and most consistent thing i've tried.

First: pry that pos end cap off the cartomizer (it will prolly break) and scrape the glue out with an exacto knife.

Next: take a standard 510 cart (chisel or round) and cut 1/4 inch off the end so it doesnt push too far into the cartomizer, throw the stuffing away too.

Finally: Insert cart into the cartomizer (yes it fits perfect and snug and never comes loose).

When you wanna top up just pop the cart off and drip onto the cartomizer filler. Works awesome, has made my vaping experience much more fulfilling. Even if you overfill it you never get liquid in your mouth cuz it's an extra inch away. This works using 808d-1 carts as well if you have a 510-808d-1 adapter (ya gotta flare the end of the cart out a tiny bit to make it fit perfect snug using the 808d-1)

Here's some pics:

ok no pics cuz i havent made 15 posts yet sorry... theres 20 mins of my life i'll never get back taking them pics

CHUCKLEHEAD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Redneck Rivera
Ok so I tried like every mod from ptb to foam and they all work like half the time (ptb worked the best for me but had to refill too often still). Tried dripping and dipping, dont much care for either of those. Finally I ordered some 510 cartomizers and some 808d-1 cartomizers. These things are the BOMB on 510's! Flavor is awesome, smoke and TH is great.... but... refilling sux when the guy that made em glued all the effin end caps on! So anyways this is the simplest mod like ever and is imo the best and most consistent thing i've tried.

First: pry that pos end cap off the cartomizer (it will prolly break) and scrape the glue out with an exacto knife.

Next: take a standard 510 cart (chisel or round) and cut 1/4 inch off the end so it doesnt push too far into the cartomizer, throw the stuffing away too.

Finally: Insert cart into the cartomizer (yes it fits perfect and snug and never comes loose).

When you wanna top up just pop the cart off and drip onto the cartomizer filler. Works awesome, has made my vaping experience much more fulfilling. Even if you overfill it you never get liquid in your mouth cuz it's an extra inch away. This works using 808d-1 carts as well if you have a 510-808d-1 adapter (ya gotta flare the end of the cart out a tiny bit to make it fit perfect snug using the 808d-1)

Here's some pics:

ok no pics cuz i havent made 15 posts yet sorry... theres 20 mins of my life i'll never get back taking them pics
ROFLMAO:thumbs: WELCOME BTW!

gmav44

Moved On
Jan 23, 2010
MI
The glue and cap are really not that hard to remove and I use this exact same method. The whistle tips for 510 cartos make the draw really nice and smooth. Had saved all the former soft caps from 808's and use them after filling, and for transport.

For identification I remove the paper and get down to the shiny metal on the carts. This is menthol. Primary vape stays all black covering. Third flavor is remove most of the tape by "drawing" a line with exacto around the carto down near the battery end and then removing most of the tape above the line. Leaves a little black strip at the bottom, and the rest is shiny metal.

Takes a few seconds and remove glue from tape with alcohol or my favorite.....WD-40, then alcohol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread