CE2 problems my user error? Which ones do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
I was talking about having problems with them wicking properly and consequently ending up with a burned flavor... But I think it could have been because I was too stubborn to use the nipple looking thing instead of just putting the needle itself in to fill them..

Is that possible? Makes sense.. :unsure:
Where can I buy the nipple gadgets and what size syringe is best?
See I think I didn't use the nipple thing because the juice I make is so difficult to squeeze through the syringes I'm using.. So I think I should find the right ones and use it like I'm supposed to

How on earth can I tell which CE2 version I have?
I know they are the ones with the threading issue..
I know they came from COV.. And say Royal Smoker

In any event, no matter what happened with the wicking... Even then, the 510 CE2 makes one hell of a good atomizer for dripping!! I found a couple of virgin unused CE2s and I think they're wicking .. This much vapor without having to drip is a beautiful thing..

Now if I can figure out for sure what and where to order a which version of the CE2 I'm definitely going to try some more. If anyone knows for sure.. :laugh:

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Where can I buy the nipple gadgets and what size syringe is best?

Yeah, I don't like the little nipple they give you. I use a 20 gauge needle and it fits like a glove. A 18 works but is tight. If your juice is thick you may like it. 19 may be the best compromise but I haven't tried it.

How on earth can I tell which CE2 version I have?
I know they are the ones with the threading issue..
I know they came from COV.. And say Royal Smoker

It can be hard, here's a basic list:

R2- Hard plastic filler ring, thick mouthpiece. Some have glued caps and all have silicone sealing the bottom. Thread issues on some 510's.
R3- Silicone middle ring and silicone filler ring. No silicone/glue. Most have primer. R3.5 has a notched filler ring.
R4- Same rings as above but w/ a black plastic sleeve that comes up to the ceramic cup. No primer. They also put some filler material in some to simulate the PTB mod. Some 510's are not full R4 and have the sleeve that ends before the cup and some silicone/glue at base, we called these 'frankensteins' or 'bastomizers'...lol

COV most recent order seems to be the real R4 but they are lower ohms; 2.5.

The burnt taste can be a result of too low ohms, gunk buildup on the coil or slow wicking. I'm loving these too and have tried them since R2.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Yeah, I don't like the little nipple they give you. I use a 20 gauge needle and it fits like a glove. A 18 works but is tight.

I have mangled those plastic thingies they give you and lost patience so I started to fill with my 18 gauge syringe.

I just took off the filler cap for my what I believe is a ce2 r4, and saw that I actually slashed the filler holes when using my 18 gauge syringe. I have to look for a 19 or 20 gauge one now to use on the cartos that I don't take the cap off.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Does it matter if you enlarge the whole with the needle? I've been using an 18 guage 'sharpie'. It is a tight fit like turbo said. It is possible I might 'nick'
the silicone at times. But doesn't that middle cap that sits atop the filler cap close off the holes.

I used an 18 until switching to a 20. It will work, just make sure to go in the hole straight down. The middle ring is suppose to stop juice from back washing in theory, so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread