"Centre for Drug Misuse Research" Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Got the email from CASAA encouraging vapers to take this online survey called “Your Perceptions and Experiences of Using Electronic Cigarettes” ...

Kind of a long survey, but most of the questions seemed reasonably relevant, only a couple of them were awkward, couldn't really give the answer I wanted to on some multiple choice questions ...

This one was my favorite, a fill in the box comment:

Question:
Please tell us any health harms and health benefits you know or believe can be caused by using e-cigarettes.*

Answer:
Health benefits: reduced risk of cancer and increased resistance to colds and flu

Health harms: physical assault by hysterical anti-nicotine zealots

:D

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Wow, that was a long one. And I agree that some of the questions were asked in a way that really didn't have an answer that fit their multiple choice questions. Also, the questions that were asked told me that the researchers already believe that vaping is bad. Hopefully, the responses they get will open their minds a little bit.

DangVape

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2015
Montreal, QC, Canada
Some Question of the survey

Can you please tell us the names of all the e-cigarette flavours you have ever tried, even a few puffs?*

Hmm What if I'm the type that like to try every flavor in a shop and goes to every shop in town to try new flavor , That a LOT of flavor I don't remember the names of all of them :eek:

Also, It seem more geared toward disposable. Like

Has there been a time when seeing an e-cigarette product display or other signs that e-cigarettes and e-liquids are sold there has given you an urge to buy an e-cigarette?*

What do they mean by buying an e-cigarette? First no urge at all to buy disposable:confused:. And I don't rush in to buy a new RDA or RTA each time I see it in display in a shop, especially at the price B&M sell them for.
This forum tho give me the urge to buy new gears. :evil:
Do they talk about e-liquid. Then yes for new flavor I haven't tasted yet.

And They keep talking about what brand of e-cigarette. Brand of Liquid? Yea I have my favorite flavor but e-cigarette brand ??? Like I have a Lemo 2 I don't want to buy every e-cig atomiser version from eleaf on the contrary I want to try new stuff from different makers.

Last edited:

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Also, the questions that were asked told me that the researchers already believe that vaping is bad. Hopefully, the responses they get will open their minds a little bit.

That's exactly what I told them in my final comments. There was one of the last questions, "Which one of the following statements is closest to your position when it comes to using e-cigarettes" which had response options like "I've heard it's bad, but I don't care." "It's risky, but worth it."

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
It was a long survey and some of the yes or no questions should have been multiple choice. I do think the preconceived notions of the researcher/s showed clearly in the questions asked but maybe our answers will teach them a thing or two. I described Reo's in great detail as well how they work and how to build RDA's, I wanted to show them the world of vaping may not be anything like they think it is. Also I explained that new vapers and battery safety were more of a worry for me than e liquid is.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Two of the questions required that I answer with a number, & the survey would not accept my answer. I remember one asked how much would I'd pay in local currency for a single puff if vaping was illegal. I tried various digits & kept having to raise my bid until the answer was accepted & I could continue the survey.

It's good that CASAA is encouraging us to participate, because if only the "pro-cancer" crowd ( Wallace_Frampton [HASHTAG]#156[/HASHTAG] ) participates this research will be toxic.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Two of the questions required that I answer with a number, & the survey would not accept my answer. I remember one asked how much would I'd pay in local currency for a single puff if vaping was illegal. I tried various digits & kept having to raise my bid until the answer was accepted & I could continue the survey.

It's good that CASAA is encouraging us to participate, because if only the "pro-cancer" crowd ( Wallace_Frampton [HASHTAG]#156[/HASHTAG] ) participates this research will be toxic.

That's really strange, Kent. I put 0 and it accepted my answer. Since I have adequate vape gear and a big order of nic coming for my freezer, I wouldn't need to pay anyone for a puff, if I even would.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
That's really strange, Kent. I put 0 and it accepted my answer. Since I have adequate vape gear and a big order of nic coming for my freezer, I wouldn't need to pay anyone for a puff, if I even would.
I tried "0", "0.00", "$ 0", ".10", "$.10"... & couldn't move on. Another numbers question was similar. Maybe it 's in my computer if others could answer a simple question. I think I paid a frikin' dollar for a puff & noted the rape in my last comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread