Ceramic coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqueline Schoen

Jun 24, 2016
So I just bought a ceramic coil for my kangertech kbox nano and I primed the coil and let it sit for a bit. I tried it and it tasted burnt. So I let it sit longer and it still tastes burnt. I've had the coil in for over 6 hours and it still tastes bad and there is little cloud. I'm using a 75% vg 6mg juice. I've changed the wattage all the way from 7w to 40w. At 7w nothing even happens and at 40w it tastes horrible. I haven't had this problem with Clapton coils at all. I've gotten no good hits off of this one.

Reactions: Amlowe

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Haven't tried those, but ceramic needs time to saturate. High VG is bad for being so thick, especially with ceramic.

You have to prime ceramic a lot more than cotton, it needs to be saturated, no air bubbles within it's pores. Prime from center, from feed holes, slowly, then once set up, do a few closed airflow pulls (no power), give it 1-2 minutes, then start at low wattage, and make sure you don't go over the max wattage recommended (I recommend to stay 5-10 W below that max for most coils)

Reactions: Amlowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread