Changling, the Copper, Pegasus or Slojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Looking for a new out and about clone. I have a clone stingray X and an authentic red copper stingray. I dislike taking the JD tech stingray out and about so I was considering one of the above clones. Slojo I like because of the design but there is the extra tubes to consider and doubt its any better then my X. I've been told that the pegasus clone was a great hard hitting mod and I'm torn between that and the hcigar changling. Lastly I do like copper but i keep my mods pocketed regularly and it has no lock. I'm also really partial to magnets and strong throws... So any recommendations are welcome.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
I tried a Chageling clone last week for a little while at my local vape supplier. The button on it was kind of rough and seemed to hang when my finger was off center.
I ended up purchasing a Manhatten clone they had which turned out to be a better choice for me. Smoother button and no hangs (Magnetic switch.).

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
The Copper would be my choice. I'm partial to recessed button, no lock ring, hybrid top cap mods. Bonus points if they are rather simple looking. As for pocketing The Copper, here's a solution:

Vinyl end caps:
12 Orange Push on Pliable Vinyl Caps Plastic Tips End Caps 7 8" Diam x 1 2"HT | eBay

They stay put until you remove them and prevent firing in your pocket or bag or whatever.

Caps on my Workhorse and SMPL clone:

CM3FqB.jpg

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
The Copper would be my choice. I'm partial to recessed button, no lock ring, hybrid top cap mods. Bonus points if they are rather simple looking. As for pocketing The Copper, here's a solution:

Vinyl end caps:
12 Orange Push on Pliable Vinyl Caps Plastic Tips End Caps 7 8" Diam x 1 2"HT | eBay

They stay put until you remove them and prevent firing in your pocket or bag or whatever.

Caps on my Workhorse and SMPL clone:

CM3FqB.jpg

Regarding the copper. Is that a hybrid mod? I was under the impression that it has a top cap and pin in the assembly.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yep, you are correct. Not sure why I thought it had a hybrid connection.
Follow up, I have to admit I've been a bit spoiled with my two stingrays, both buttons are damn well near flawless ( the authentic right out of the box, the clone after some extensive work with file, graphite, and new magnets. How's the button on your Copper? Big throw/little throw? Smooth? Easy to push or a decent resistance? (P.s I've like your super T but the lack of magnet option and premade brass option annoyed the hell out of me.)

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
Yep, you are correct. Not sure why I thought it had a hybrid connection.

I have an authentic Scottua, the top is 20x1 threaded so some atomizers can hybrid onto it. I keep it either in my pocket or in my vape sock and its recessed enough to have never accidentally fired, and if you like you can always add spacers to lengthen the throw, or hell even get an extra set of magnets to increase the resistance. I really liked the design and decided to get an authentic because the clones I saw weighed half as much.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
I have an authentic Scottua, the top is 20x1 threaded so some atomizers can hybrid onto it. I keep it either in my pocket or in my vape sock and its recessed enough to have never accidentally fired, and if you like you can always add spacers to lengthen the throw, or hell even get an extra set of magnets to increase the resistance. I really liked the design and decided to get an authentic because the clones I saw weighed half as much.

I stay away from hybrid tops in general because I'd rather avoid the added risk ( I'm a very risk adverse vaper..always checking and double checking builds and staying at .35 ohms or higher on most of my attys on LG's and Sony batteries, so far the worst thing that happened has been an continuous fire for about 5-10 min and a ruined plume clone.) I like Scotts copper mod but can't justify the cost after just getting my JD tech red copper stingray. Was looking for an in expensive beater with a solid copper tube and magnets with a similiar hit as my stingray for use as an out an about mod so I can leave the stingray at home.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
if you're willing to consider other materials than copper, a used real nemesis is cheap, easy to maintain, and hits about as hard as anything else that isn't super fancy hybrid adapter copper so on and so on. the button works even when caked with hand goo (my jd tech ray suffers badly when the switch is gunked up) and is great for out and about with the locking ring and simple construction.

politbureau

Sep 24, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Of the ones you mentioned, the Stingray X has the lowest voltage drop and most consistent switch, based on testing that I just completed.

If you'd like something a bit different, the XXIX has a superb switch (which can be upgraded for stronger resistance with a kit from Fat Daddy Vapes) and a hybrid top cap. It was the best overall mod I tested in voltage drop and switch consistency, and is my personally go to. The switch is recessed, but not lockable, though I have not had an issue with the FDV magnets installed.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
Of the ones you mentioned, the Stingray X has the lowest voltage drop and most consistent switch, based on testing that I just completed.

If you'd like something a bit different, the XXIX has a superb switch (which can be upgraded for stronger resistance with a kit from Fat Daddy Vapes) and a hybrid top cap. It was the best overall mod I tested in voltage drop and switch consistency, and is my personally go to. The switch is recessed, but not lockable, though I have not had an issue with the FDV magnets installed.

I've got the stingray x clone and I like it but after comparing to my JD tech stingray, it doesn't hit nearly as hard...(though that could be a vape placebo effect as I don't have an in line meter yet.) I like xixx and almost got it but I don't like hybrid tops...to worried about a short. I did end up making a decision and took advantage of a black friday deal and ordered thishttps://originvape.com/product/copper-cigreen-dragon/

I liked the way the switch works, seems almost like a reverse hybrid and similar to how my stingray switch works. Plus the single copper tube and laser etching look up my ally. Whether it will have less drop then my stingray x clone I don't know, but less threads in the tube should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread