Charging on 2.1 Amp AC adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daft Funk

Jul 5, 2015
Birmingham, AL
I have a 1300mAh Aspire. If I plug the USB charger into a 2.1 AMP AC adaper, would that possibly explain why the battery went south? My retailer replaced since I just bought it 3 days ago and he did say I could plug into any USB power source (not just the one it came with), but if it is because of using a 2.1amp charger, I want to know so I don't ruin this one too.

I know that manufacturers of AC adapters say that you can use a 2.1 amp for quicker charge and that it won't hurt cell phones, but ALL cell phone manufacturers (and my personal experience) will tell you that ANY charger other than the one that came with the phone (even ones with the same amp, volts, watts) will eventually degrade the battery AND damage the cell phone (and so will ALL portable battery sources; take note!!).

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
They should work with any good USB supply, but I always recommend getting a USB meter like the Charge Doctor for a couple of dollars you can see what current and voltage any device is using from USB. Great for piece of mind, fault finding and finding what will charge your tablet of other big device the quickest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread