chi you clone from hcigar is this a complete replica?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my chi you clone and I must say I am freaken impressed, it looks great, hits hard, and from the picture ive. Seen looks exactly the same! I dont own a real chi you, but for those that own this clone and the real chi you, do you see any difference? Or is this straight up a complete replica of the real one. Got mine at a san diego shop ciggysvapespot and it came with silver plated pins, also just got on the preorder list for the brass version of this which will come out in three weeks

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
The hcigar Chi You cone is really nice. I am loving mine.

IMAG1603.jpg
IMAG1606+-+Copy.jpg

IMAG1606.jpg

IMAG1612.jpg
IMAG1615.jpg

IMAG1616.jpg
IMAG1617.jpg
IMAG1619.jpg

IMAG1623.jpg
IMAG1636.jpg

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
Great review! This looks too good to pass up. One thing though, You might want to tighten the delrin on the telescopic pin. The top pin holding the smaller one that make contact with the battery is the one that supposed to move, not the delrin. That's what was happening to my Lux until I tighten it.

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
I wan't trying to jack gotbeer's thread. I figured since he created this I would add my review to it.

Thanks for watching. Like I said it was my first review. I just figured I would do a close up review of it. All the ones I have watched are of the people talking about them and the mod is far away and you can't make out the details.

The delrin insulator is screwed in all the way. I took that pick when I first got it and hadn't screwed it in yet. If you watch the video I think I unscrewed it a little bit when talking about adjusting the pins.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
Thanks allot pal!!:facepalm: I now got a Hcigar one and a FT on order, thanks to your persistent posts and video. I want to see how these 2 clones compare. I'm guessing the Hcigar will win hands down. Will post comparisons of the FT version and the Hcigar when they arrive.

Cool :)
I ordered a FT model, but didn't bother ordering the known hgicar model from AKA yet.
I'd love to know if there is a difference - ie. if I need to buy one from AKA.

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Thanks allot pal!!:facepalm: I now got a Hcigar one and a FT on order, thanks to your persistent posts and video. I want to see how these 2 clones compare. I'm guessing the Hcigar will win hands down. Will post comparisons of the FT version and the Hcigar when they arrive.

To be honest, I think the ones FT has are from Hcigar. I think they bought a bunch of one's Hcigar made and didn't release because of misspellings, old engravings, and other things for cheap. They were selling them for less than Hcigar sells them for to retailers! Hcigar only charges $27 for the SS and $28 for the brass or maybe it is the other way around. FT buys by the thousands and re-sells for cheaper than anyone else. If you caught it, they actually raised the price. It was like $21 for the SS then they changed it to $27 I think it was. Then they raised it even more and I think it is because so many people were buying them the last time. But that is what I think. I bet when you get them both, they are the same besides the engravings and misspellings.

Any ways, I bet you will be happy with them both and I'm glad my review was helpful lol. It really is a nice mod and an EXACT clone of the real thing. Only thing they got wrong is the font of the serial number from what I have seen in pics. The real Chi's button is the same as the clone or should I say that the other way around since the clone is a copy of it? lol

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
Well, I cancelled the FT version since allot of rumors are going around that's it the one with all the issues, not the Hcigar version. For one, the bottom contact looks to be chrome plated and the top brass. Plus it's the other way around with the prices. It's the brass which is cheaper. I figured it wouldn't be Hcigar since the Brass is not even available yet and all of a sudden FT has it. The co-ops going on right now have it for $33 from Hcigar. Wouldn't make any sense if it was from Hcigar because FT would make very little profit from the sale.

I just didn't want to end up with a dud. I'm just gonna use the refund on a brass version when Bucky runs a co-op for it.

Grizzie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Japan
Well, I cancelled the FT version since allot of rumors are going around that's it the one with all the issues, not the Hcigar version. For one, the bottom contact looks to be chrome plated and the top brass. Plus it's the other way around with the prices. It's the brass which is cheaper. I figured it wouldn't be Hcigar since the Brass is not even available yet and all of a sudden FT has it. The co-ops going on right now have it for $33 from Hcigar. Wouldn't make any sense if it was from Hcigar because FT would make very little profit from the sale.

I just didn't want to end up with a dud. I'm just gonna use the refund on a brass version when Bucky runs a co-op for it.
Actually you are wrong. The Chi you clone on fasttech is actually from Hcigar and a staff from ft had just confirmed that they are shipping out the chi you without the issue such as the spelling error. I wouldnt cancel your order just yet if you havent dont so.

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
If the FT does end up being from Hcigar, then it would be a good thing for all those that ordered them. I know that Hcigar is not the only one making the Chi clones, so I cancelled and just gonna wait for people who get it to review the product. I just don't want the risk of another paper weight just in case. I think the only thing they said they were doing is correcting the spelling. I could careless about the spelling truthfully since this is just a clone anyways. What bothered me was the bottom contact being different and not knowing who makes it. I don't see it anywhere in their website ever saying it was Hcigar, I hope it is so people get a solid built clone.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
I got mine in from Fasttech, the stainless steel version. I believe it is the Hcigar version. The bottom contact is brass. Laser engraved Ver. 2013, no misspellings, no "8888" (mine was #7197). I have tried to find some fault with this mod but nothing has come up yet.

This is much closer to counterfeit than I expected or wanted. Does anybody know if these "laser" engravings can be polished out?

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I got mine in from Fasttech, the stainless steel version. I believe it is the Hcigar version. The bottom contact is brass. Laser engraved Ver. 2013, no misspellings, no "8888" (mine was #7197). I have tried to find some fault with this mod but nothing has come up yet.

This is much closer to counterfeit than I expected or wanted. Does anybody know if these "laser" engravings can be polished out?

I've used the Hcigar clone for a day thanks to a local shop. It's very, very good. In my experience, Hcigar and EHPro are making the best clones.

davewuvswaffles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Philadelphia
I just finished sanding all the laser etching completely off. It took a very long time. I had to use 120 grit waterproof sand paper for about an hour, and that was with power tools. That engraving is deeper than it looks.

Were the serial # and part that says chi ou cheon wang as hard to sand off? They feel almost printed on in comparison to the dragon logo.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Were the serial # and part that says chi ou cheon wang as hard to sand off? They feel almost printed on in comparison to the dragon logo.
The dragon logo and everything on the button was much deeper than the rest. Trying to get any of it off by cloth-wheel polishing or hand sanding was impossible, including the serial number and Korean(?) script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread