Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Just got a antique copper plated brass chi you clone from fasttech. None of my batteries fire this thing. Bottom cap ant top cap contacts are making connection to the battery for sure. The only thing i can think of is the 510 contact is too deep and won't make contact with my clearos. The pin can not be adjusted. Are there any solutions short of replacing ( you all know of fasttech shipping times ! ). I kinda like the look of the mod and would rather get it to work than return it.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I have a cheaper chi you with the weird pin too.
Try disassembling the top cap and removing the center pin
The pin should adjust a bit, should have a spring inside.

If it has a true fixed pin ( a threaded rod) then is suggest checking Home Depot or a hardware store for a threaded brass rod or bolt and cut it to size( I did this on a Caravela clone).
Hope this helps.
Post a pic if possible.
We can most likely figure out a workaround to sending it back.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I have a cheaper chi you with the weird pin too.
Try disassembling the top cap and removing the center pin
The pin should adjust a bit, should have a spring inside.

If it has a true fixed pin ( a threaded rod) then is suggest checking Home Depot or a hardware store for a threaded brass rod or bolt and cut it to size( I did this on a Caravela clone).

Hope this helps.
Post a pic if possible.
We can most likely figure out a workaround to sending it back.

thanks for the response. I can't even disassemble the top cap ! there seems to be a white delrin insulator fixed ( three tiny holes in the middle though ). I have not uploaded pictures in the past but will try. It is sku 1617800 on fasttech though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread