Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Yeah, you're right, it works much better now. I just hope I'm smoking the flavor. I'm always paranoid (I know, silly considering I smoked regular cigarettes).
The primer goes away pretty fast so you are probably down to the flavor by now . If you don't like the flavor don't worry there are a million others to try LOL.
Good luck on your vaping adventure. And if frustration ever sets in just post it. People will help.

fursty99

Jun 4, 2010
dallas
sounds like my story. and i started with cignot as well. love my 510. if you vape alot may consider getting an ego. the are interchangeable with 510 attys and last a lot long. i got my 510 last a week ago friday and have never looked back. so many flavors and jsut the ability to do it almost anywhere.

congrats on your new cleaner safer lifestyle and welcom to the forum. there are so many great ppl here

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So with the 510 you can purchase either liquid or pre-filled carts? Is liquid the more popular option? And if you purchase the liquid instead, do you have to buy a different cart filler that doesn't dry out as quickly or can you reuse the pre-filled carts?

Liquid is the most popular option - easy to change flavors and it's less expensive in the long run.

You've gotten good advice here. On refilling the cartridge, do this - refill until you see a smooth bubble of ejuice on the top without overflowing it. This is 'too much', so take a paper towel and draw some of the ejuice off of the top of the cart until there's no more bubble. Now the filler should be wet, but you can see some of the texture of the filler (where you couldn't when you had a bubble there ;-) That's how the filler should look after you refill.

One other thing that was mentioned but needs emphasis - when using the auto battery it isn't recommended to drip onto the atomizer bridge because for the auto battery to work, there is a hole in the center post that allows that battery to turn on via sound/suction. However, juice can also get through that hole and short the battery. Not so with the manual battery which should have no hole or the hole is sealed - so with the manual you can drip 1 or 2 drops onto the atomizer bridge.

If you're getting no vapor, the most common problem (other than the battery needs recharged) is that the atomizer if flooded. Remove the atomizer and blow it out from the batt end into a paper towel, then put 2 drops on the atomizer bridge and restart using the manual battery (because you dripped ;-). You might have to huff it a bit to restart - taking drags and puffing without inhaling until you see vapor then vape on.

With the auto battery, take longer, slow drags on it as if you're drinking a thick shake through a straw - works better for autos that way.

And at some point you might look into the 'straw mod':

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/11421-cart-mod-better-refilling.html

This allows you to refill with more drops and helps aid in the 'wicking' of the ejuice from the filler to the atomizer bridge.

Have fun!!

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
I ordered my 1 st kit from cignot 510's, and have been very happy with them.
this was approx. 2 months ago and I can tell the battery's are getting weak but they still charge and work. I went from the pre-filled carts to direct dripping, and love it much better. Hubby and I have been analog free for the same approx. 2 months.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!:thumb:

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
There is some evidence that nicotine, in small doses, might be kinda good for you. Kinda like a few ozs of whiskey each day. You can google up;

nicotine health evidence

and read all about it.

Anyway, I'm just trying to stay off tha analogs at this point. I use the 24 and 36 nic right now. To go down to zero nic at some point is something I am not so sure about.
Joe

Metstoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Central Florida
The ladies of Cignot are the best!

One thing you might also keep in mind is that drawing on an e-cig is a bit different from taking a drag off a smoke. It helps to draw a bit slower and gentler on the e-cig. There are some lively talk here about inhaling direct versus drawing into the mouth and then inhaling but either way, drawing a bit slower seems to be more effective. I think it gets the juice to the atomizer more evenly or something.

Good luck with quitting and, remember, take your time! It's a process!

:)

Chameloid

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
Rura Penthe
Another newbie here who read these forums for a week before taking the plunge and now going on my 3rd week vaping. Thanks to all who recommended the Cignot ladies!!! Wow wow wow. Real fast service, great prices, and excellent packing.

I have already ordered twice from them (2 kits, extra batts, attys, empty carts, and juice) and their personal thank you notes are great!!! :) Their tasty RY4 (24 mg) helps alot as a craving kicker when the other juices that I've ordered (which are a bit lower on purpose to better match the "deluxe ultra lights" that I normally smoked) leave me wanting a little more when I don't want to be puffing away constantly.

I have been very happy with the 510s so far (bought a 10-unit charger from Cignot to handle all my extra batts) and am glad to have seen all the recs for this model ecig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread