Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
7B52EC86-F698-4AA0-9CD6-9F57E09705A9.jpeg
hello!
I’ve been building mainly ss316l single round wire coils but I’m branching out a bit. I bought some Clapton wire and a bunch of premade SS 430 Clapton and Fused Clapton’s from AVS during a sale. How do I calculate the ohms of those premade coils? I suppose I could just install one lol!

Ex this particular coil is ss430 2.5 id 7 wraps with 26/30g wire.

I tried playing around with Wire Wizard several times but I’m just not understanding it.

Any help would be great. Thanks

UPDATE:ugh I’m so dumb sometimes but AVS actually has a chart that indicates ohms based on ID and wraps. So I’m all set. :thumb:

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
View attachment 789873 hello!
I bought a bunch of premade SS 430 Clapton and Fused Clapton’s from AVS during a sale. How do I calculate the ohms of those coils? I suppose I could just install one lol!

I tried playing around with Wire Wizard several times but I’m just not understanding it.

I usually just wrap & install 1 coil to find out. I also tried using Wire Wizard & o_O

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
View attachment 789873 hello!
I’ve been building mainly ss316l single round wire coils but I’m branching out a bit. I bought some Clapton wire and a bunch of premade SS 430 Clapton and Fused Clapton’s from AVS during a sale. How do I calculate the ohms of those premade coils? I suppose I could just install one lol!

UPDATE:ugh I’m so dumb sometimes but AVS actually has a chart that indicates ohms based on ID and wraps. So I’m all set. :thumb:
I hate this! It is true that it does not give the ohms on the little container. It is there on the website when you make your choice but does not come printed on the container when you receive it. It has irritated me too. What I do now is, as soon as I receive them I use a sharpie and write the ohms on the bottom of the container. Toss it in my box with many of the other containers!

Reactions: stols001

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I hate this! It is true that it does not give the ohms on the little container. It is there on the website when you make your choice but does not come printed on the container when you receive it. It has irritated me too. What I do now is, as soon as I receive them I use a sharpie and write the ohms on the bottom of the container. Toss it in my box with many of the other containers!

That’s a great idea! I actually did find the resistance on the Clapton coils on the web page but not for the fused Claptons if it’s different.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread