Cleaning aspire bdc heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Trauma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indianapolis
Depends on how crappy your tap water is. I have just been using regular tap water to boil mine. Distilled water is like a buck a gallon from WallyWorld, so the expense isn't that great. I dont bother soaking them in any kind of alcohol though. They come out just fine once boiled for several minutes and left to dry for a day. I usually boil them once, then re-use them one time and toss them after that.

Bottlefed1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Oklahoma
Depends on how crappy your tap water is. I have just been using regular tap water to boil mine. Distilled water is like a buck a gallon from WallyWorld, so the expense isn't that great. I dont bother soaking them in any kind of alcohol though. They come out just fine once boiled for several minutes and left to dry for a day. I usually boil them once, then re-use them one time and toss them after that.

Im toying with the notion of starting to rebuild them .

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Im toying with the notion of starting to rebuild them .

Most dual coil devices are difficult to rebuild. Not saying it can't be done, but they can be tricky for sure.

If you can put up with RIP for more than 30 secs, the below is a very clear video all about how to do it. He likes to waffle for a couple of minutes before doing anything, rebuild starts around 2:20

Amiaji

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
North Carolina
How many times do you do that before you toss them? And how long do you vape on them before you soak them?

There is no set answer to those questions. It depends on what juice I am using. Darker juices gunk a coil quicker than lighter juices. The spearmint juice I am using in one tank has a good 3 weeks on that coil with no problems but the one with cinnamon roll won't last a week. Whenever a coil starts tasting burnt or I'm not getting the vapor out of I should I clean them. When they get to the point that cleaning them doesn't seem to help I put them aside waiting on the day I want to try rebuilding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread